Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

Living With a Paranoid Schizophrenic

Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....
Hi all i'm just trying to gather as much info as I can. My daughter is 17, pregnant and living with a paranoid schizophrenic he has been violent to her on several occasions and she is always the first to defend him. Whilst I realise it is an illness, I feel he doesn't help himself, street drugs and the mis use of his prescribed drugs heighten his paranoia and violent reactions result in my daughter being black and blue. Is he using his illness as an excuse? His manipulative hold over my daughter is unbelievable, their whole world seems to be what benefit them can claim next and what bill can they run from without paying or up sticks and move when social services get too close or they owe some none too savoury characters money. So what do I do? I'm now not only worried about my daughter but also my future grandchild. My daughter always says he doesn't realise what he is doing when he pushes/hits her but when I ask her what she will do when she has a baby in her arms she is in flat denial and says that he won't do it then. So either he does know or he doesn't. Any advice comments would be interesting whilst familiar with brain injury and depression this illness is totally alien to me.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper bohemianoutlook
|

replied February 24th, 2011
She needs to get out of there, quick. My ex-fiance was a paranoid schizophrenic, and he used to hit me the same way.. He is manipulating her, and whether or not he means to do it she needs to get away from him. My ex fiance strangled me and almost killed me, I wouldn't have left him if my mother didn't drive up and talk me into it.. Get your daughter out of there before it's too late.
|

replied March 14th, 2011
my mom has signs of it and im geting worried. Do i need to look out for signs of seriouse Schizophrenia?
|