Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Swollen Node On Arm

Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
I hope somebody can help me out with this.

I found a lump on my arm this weekend. Not under my arm, but actually above the bicep in my right arm, on the side that's facing away from my body. I'd never noticed this before, and was pretty freaked out. It's hard, about the size of a pea, but doesn't hurt.

I went to the doctor on monday and told him what i'd discovered. He felt my arm and said it was a swollen lymph node. He didn't seem overly concerned, and asked me if I had a cat. I told him I do, and actually have been scratched (and bitten) pretty badly several times in the last few weeks. I tend to rough-house with my cat a lot, and she really scratched me hard a few times, and has managed on more than one again to really sink her teeth into me.

So, the doctor suggested that I may have cat-scratch disease, and he prescribed 1500mg of azithromycin. This was monday. The swelling and pain on my cat scratches has gone down a bit, but the lymph node is as swollen as before and maybe more so.

I have no other swollen lymph nodes on my body.

My question: should I be overly concerned about this? I am really worried about cancer here, and am freaking out a little. I have an appointment to see the doctor again on the 27th, but in the mean time...Does this sound all that serious???
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 15th, 2006
Swollen Lymph Node
Hello,
i am curiuos what ended up ahppening with the lymph node. Are you ok now? I am going through a similar situation. I have a swollen very painfull node on the opposite side of yours. My is big a a qaurter on the lower side if my bicep. I go to my doc on 8/17. I ahve had this problem about 4-years now. Nothing has ever been done, but and ultrasound to determine it is in fact a swollen lymph node. If you have any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. Let me know what happened with you.

Thank you,
|
Did you find this post helpful?