Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Hard Bump (under the Skin) In Pelvic Area (Page 1)

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
I have had a hard (as big as a fingernail) bump in/on my pelvic area that is underneath the skin for a few years (at least). I am concerned. It has not grown since I discovered it. When I pull the skin back tight, it looks like a white (hard) circular bump under the skin. It doesn't hurt. It is not colored. I thought it could be a trapped, ingrown hair underneath the skin but that would seem strange considering that it would be huge by now. Has anyone had this problem? I don't want to do anything irrational and don't believe in cutting open things unless you're going die if you don't. However, I am somewhat worried.

Concerned in texas Confused
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Godiva
|

replied December 31st, 2003
Could be a common cyst. I had a similiar thing on my face just before my ear.
|

replied December 31st, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
I must admit I am of 2 minds, my first instinct is to suggest that you see a dr (he doesn't have to cut to test, x-ray, ultrasound, a needle biopsy) but my second thought that is if it's been there that long (you say a few years at least) then leave it.

But you wouldn't have posted if you weren't worried & you say you're worried so I think i'd at least check with a dr to see what your options are. Otherwise (or as well) check out some alternative/natural therapies.

Good luck
|

replied December 6th, 2011
What to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Look, if it is white under pressure then it is a common cyst, which is a smooth sphere under touch, composed of pus and other bodily fluids. You can get it drained when you go the the doctor. Similar to a wart but harder to remove. Leave it if you don't care about it. If it pops up in places that move alot like armpits or joints then you might want to get it sucked out before it ruptures and infects the areas (result is a painful sore). It will go away on its own after a while (personal experience, mine went away after 24months).
|

replied January 9th, 2004
Experienced User
It could be a lymph node. They are hard little bumps about the size of a pea usually and if they are enlarged, they could be a warning of infection.
|

replied January 9th, 2004
Hard Lump
I have the exact same type of lump, only on my upper back between my shoulder blade and spine. I've that that thing for about 2-3 years. Never bothered me at all. Then two days ago it started to itch and now it is swollen and red and very painful. Have to go to the Dr. To find out what it is.
|

replied January 21st, 2004
Help me plz!! I got the same kinda thing on my testis+ hed of penis , I dont just got 1 tho , I got many

sum times sum get big and seem to turn kinda white

plz help me!!
|

replied December 14th, 2007
Just tonight I noticed that I have a lump on my pelvic area with the same description as yours. I checked the internet for some info and found this!
|

replied June 16th, 2009
i noticed the exact same type of thing last night. its red around the area but it's not an ingrown hair because i've had that before and know what it looks like. i'm really scared. i can like move it under my skin but i cant do anything about it. it sits right on top of my pelvic bone so it hurts against my jeans. its a size of a pea. what is it???
|

replied July 28th, 2009
Same Here =[ Keep This Updated...
|

User Profile
replied July 28th, 2009
Supporter
If you can move it around and it's not discolored it is most likely a cyst. They are very common and can be easily drained but if it isn't growing or bothering you, you might want to leave it alone.
|

replied September 19th, 2009
Did anyone find out the answer to this I have one too.
|

replied October 4th, 2009
same. i have a cyst on my sack thats pea shaped. the lump on my pelvis however is the size of a fingernail. the entirity size, not just the end of the fingernail. it swells up and goes down if i dont touch it, but its been there for a month and a half.
|

replied February 13th, 2010
i've had a lump under my hip bone for under a year. i went to the docs previously, they said it was nothing . in the last 3 weeks it got v painful so i went back last week as you can now see it under the skin. thankfully a locum doc saw me (my docs are rubbish) and i'm now waiting for an ultrasound scan. the leg pain is getting worse and for last 2 days felt cold. the on call doc said prob just a coincidence . its still like it now itches, anyone got any ideas???
|

replied July 28th, 2010
I got the same thing! I noticed tonight so I started looking it up & found this! Please if anyone knows can you post something?
|

replied September 4th, 2010
well i had about 3 of them 2 went down then a new big one the same color of my skin and then like it had this white liquid coming out of it so i squeezed it out a little came out maybe a drop of rain amount i thought maybe genital warts becuase ive never seen that before so i typed it in no same description i found this i was like i hope im not infected with something becuase i havent had sex im only 14 my birthdays coming up the same description as yours but its like the upper pelvis above the penis next to the left bottom ab/stomach area i have a bush around my pelvis so i was gonna shave that off it hurts and like when i squeeze the liquid out sometimes blood comes with it but i thought it was a spider bite it itches sometimes after i squeeze it it hurts if i just poke it even if i squeeze the liquid out of it it still pokes out like it does doesnt lower still hard and bumply like it was before
|

replied April 11th, 2011
Hard bump surrounded by red skin.
hey dude i feel your pain. i got the same stuff you do goin on im 15, its probably testosterone involved. i got pretty scared too and i was just able to squeeze the mine today and really thin blood came out. i wouldnt be worried if it was somewhere else its just too close to my junk. i also gotta full bush goin on right now cuz i havent been tryin to get with any girls lately, and its not STDs because i'm still a virgin, ive had other large bumps on my legs at some point and i freaked out and slit them open and thin blood came out and they went awaay. i think thats my best bet... after i get this bush trimmed haha
|

replied April 11th, 2011
Hard bump surrounded by red skin.
hey dude i feel your pain. i got the same s**t you do goin on im 15, its probably testosterone involved. i got pretty scared too and i was just able to squeeze the f**k out of mine today and really thin blood came out. i wouldnt be worried if it was somewhere else its just too close to my junk. i also gotta full bush goin on right now cuz i havent been tryin to get with any girls lately, and its not STDs because i'm still a virgin, ive had other large bumps on my legs at some point and i freaked out and slit them open and thin blood came out and they went awaay. i think thats my best bet... after i get this bush trimmed haha
|

replied February 28th, 2011
i have the very same thing. but i had almost 20 pea size lumps. Went to the doctor and he set me up for a small surgery to remove all 20 of them and he did a biopsy/test to see if it was anything serious and it wasnt. He said the vaginal area holds alot of heat and that my overactive sweat glands get infected and causes pocket like holes which cases the pea like bumps under the skin. He showed me one after it was cut out and it looks like a pearl from an oyster. or a pearl from a small beaded neckalace.That was over 5yrs ago that ive had the surgery. But they are starting to come back and b/c i know what it is im just going to leave these ones alone. They dont hurt at all and i can move them around under the skin.But there is no reason for another surgery.
|

replied May 9th, 2011
Same thing here. I just squeezed mine and it spurted out thin blood, but it was kinda like a pimple. Any ideas?
|

replied June 8th, 2011
they are most likely cysts!
Cysts are noncancerous, closed pockets of tissue that can be filled with fluid, pus, or other material.

Cysts are common on the skin and can appear anywhere. They feel like small peas under the surface of the skin. Cysts can develop as a result of infection, clogging of sebaceous glands (oil glands), or around foreign bodies, such as earrings.

What Are the Symptoms of Skin Cysts?
Skin cysts usually are:

Slow-growing
Painless
Smooth to the touch when they are rolled under the skin
|

replied July 9th, 2011
just don't know
well i have had this problem for a long long time and sometimes it does not hurt and some times it does now i have one in between my eyes at the top of my nose and that on hurts all te time i just wonder what it actually could be i am just so sick and tired of it, it makes me feel self concious about my self and i dont know what to do especially the on on my face in between my eyes.
|

replied July 31st, 2011
what is this pea size lump between my penis base and pelvic bone
so im confused, this is about as close as i can come to finding out what my issue is and its not close enough. i have a similar problem but mine is not topical whatsoever. i have a pea sized hard lump which seems to be attached to the inside of my groin. it is located on the left side of my penis on the base. its pretty much directly on the left side of the big muscle that allows a hard on to have strength. its not painful when its left alone but if i touch it i get some mild irritability. its almost inside of my groin between the base of my penis and my pelvic bone. so pretty much not to be to graphic, if one were to hold his penis with his left hand at the base pinky to the pelvic bone, you could feel this "node" by taking your pinky and gently pushing into the tissue between my pelvis and the base of my penis. i am a little concerned. id see a Dr. but my old one is trash and my new one is a woman. it doesnt seem to affect my sex life although if that area gets pushed on or anything it can cause me to have erectile dysfunction. i would love some help if anyone has anything. this isnt on my penis or on my testicles its by the base of the muscle as i said before, on the eft side almost inside of my pelvic bone in the soft tissues that make up the base.
|
12 >>
Tags: skin, hair, back hair
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Shafi Ullah Khan
User Profile
Deepak Anvekar
User Profile
Dr. Andrijana Shterjovska