Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Smoking During Pregnancy

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Did anyone smoke while they were pregnant? If so..Did it effect anything? Or the baby??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 8th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
I know of people who didnt smoke and things were wrong... And I know of people who did smoke and nothing was wrong... Also the other way around. I wouldnt take the risk. I quit smoking and im pretty sure im not going to start back up.
|

Especially eHealthy
I always said..The day I get pregnant..Imma quit smoking..And the day I took a preggy test and it came back positive I quit...Cold turkey...It was hard as hell!!!! But I couldn't go back on my word...My fiance is a smoker but respects the outside rule...It's not that hard because after the 1st 2 weeks it starts to stink and become more and more less appealing!! I wouldn't take the risk of inhaling carbon monoxide and passing it along to your baby..Smoke also contains methane..Which isn't good either..

For me to start smoking again after pregnancy would be plain ridiculious!!!

I would hate to smell like that again!!!

Sarah
|

Active User, very eHealthy
I'm the same as majic... My boyfriend and I actually made an agreement that when I got pregnant, I would quit and he would not smoke in the house or around me. When the baby comes, he has to quit, too.

I will admit that i've had 2 cigarettes since finding out I was pregnant, but they were both after fights (on 2 different occasions) with my mom where I was so upset that I was hyperventilating.

It's really not been that hard for me, but I wasn't a heavy smoker to begin with. You can do it if you really want to.
|

replied October 28th, 2009
Smoking while pregnant
wow, I'm proud of all of you who quit so quick.. I've tried to quit but haven't completely and I don't think it will harm the baby. I don't do it that much at all so I think everything will be alright.
|