Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Q and A Forum

What Is Spotting?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
What is spotting ? How can you tell i'f you're spotting or not? And when does spotting occur?

Oh yea and whats the difference between spotting and implantation bleeding?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 10th, 2006
Experienced User
Spotting
Spotting is when you are bleeding a little. Like had a spot of blood on your underwear. Im not sure what implantation bleeding is. If your spotting during pregnancy you need to contact you doctor.
|

replied February 11th, 2006
Experienced User
Implantation bleeding occurs in the beginning of your pregnancy. Usually around the time when you should get your period.

This means that your baby is implanting itself in your uterus and some women have light bleeding (it is usually dark brown blood) the docs that I went to referred to this as "old blood"

this can be referred to as spotting also
always see a doctor if you are spotting or bleeding and you are pregnant
|

replied February 11th, 2006
Someone Please Help Me I Need to Know Noww!@!!
Omg you guys!! Someone please help me im soo scared..Ok me and my bf did it but not that long only for like 2 minutes cuz he had to go get his mom..But all he did was put it in the pull right bak out. Not to mention we didnt use protection..But now my stomach hurts and idk im just really freaked out..Is there any way I can find out if im pregnant or not??
:cry: this really sucks.

And I bleed when he did it..I guess since he took my virginity kinda.. Well..Then now im not bleeding but I am getting little spots not bad or anything..Just kinda brownish..What is that and please help!!

Thank you!! <33
|

replied March 17th, 2006
Highly unlikely that your pregnant. The bleeding in normal after your first time so please dont freak out. Basically by taking your virginity he broke through some skin inside of you and you are supposed to bleed from that. Your stomach is hurting because your scared which is understandable. And since he didnt cum in you its unlikely that your pregnant. But it is possible to get pregnant from precum, so when your due for your next period if you dont get it, go to the store and buy a pregnancy test. Make sure you follow the directions to get an accurate result. And not to sound like a parent, but if your going to give a guy sometime special like your virginity try to make it special. Respect yourself, you deserve better and dont let him forget it. :) hope this helped
|

replied May 1st, 2011
hahah ur not pregnant. litttle girly dear, you just lost your virginity, and you bleed from it. your not pregnant.. lol
|

replied May 16th, 2011
So I has unprotected sex and I was freaking out and I got my period late. And a month later I have some spotting. Do you think I'm pregnant?
|

replied July 11th, 2011
i had unproted sex and 2 weeks later i had some stomach pains and i was a 0 now i have to were a sze 3 so it wont hurt my stomach i have throwen up twicw and sometimes im dizzy and i have back pains sometimes and my boobs have grown and also have a little sharp pain and my circle around my nippels are getting a little darker and with little bumps on it but i was wondering if i could be pregnant even though i started my period but it is really dark red and clumpy and very little compared to my normal periods and it looks like im finshing it when its only been 2 days of it could i be pregnant
|

replied July 18th, 2011
having lite periods
same problem with meeeee plzzzz help me out but i don't have any typ ov pain in my breast not vomiting and also 4 day late my periods n also no dizzy no moody plzzzz help me out im reallly reallly scared and also month ago had unprotected sex but he is not cumm in me
|

User Profile
replied September 1st, 2011
Somebidy help me, i need dis pregnancy
An anyone help me out, i missed my period last month nd i did preg. Test nd it tested positve, very faintly line, nd also my nipples are paining me. Bt b4 i became pregnant, i use to hav pain at my right side lower abdomen bt wen i went 4 scan wit my doc ask me to do, i was told it ws my ovulation cos d pain wil come nd go, it is only during my ovulation dat d pain usually come. Bt nw dat am pregnant also, dat side is painging me nd sometimes at d centre up, so i dont know if dis is a sign of ectopic pregnancy, wich i did nt pray for, also i need dis pregnancy. Pls cn anybody help me wit dis.
|

replied December 7th, 2011
bleeding or spotting
I have a question. on november 27th(sunday) I had unprotected sex. I was due to have my period sometime at the end of the month. As soon as I got home I took plan b that i had. After I took it i realized it'd had expired. On tueday I took another plan b(two pills) with in 36 to 48 hours. A few days later(the 3rd) I got what looked like my perid but it started as old blood and went to new blood. It lasted til today(the 7th of december). I took a pregnancy test today and it came ou negative. Is it possible this is accurate you suppose?
|

replied April 10th, 2012
I have a question. I had some unusual feelings lately and I am thinking I might be pregnant but I got my periods today. My periods normally starts every 3rd week of the month. Can I consider it spotting? Am I pregnant or its just I got an early normal menstruation? I hope you can help me. Thank you.
|

replied April 27th, 2012
std
ok i have a question i did with a girl unprotected i caught a std from her and i got treated and stuff cause i had discharge from my penis but anyway some weeks later now she say that she is spotting and eating more if she has the std do you think she is pregnant? please help
|

replied April 27th, 2012
std
ok i have a question i did with a girl unprotected i caught a std from her and i got treated and stuff cause i had discharge from my penis but anyway some weeks later now she say that she is spotting and eating more if she has the std do you think she is pregnant? please help
|

replied October 23rd, 2012
can someone please help me out and tell me if this is spotting or my actual period..ive been like bleeding brown with blood clots but its not constant it will happen somedays then the next day ill be fine. i dont have menstral cramps so could it be that i am pregnant
|

replied December 21st, 2012
HELP OH PLESE HELP OH SHOOT! HEEEELP
i hate blood but am on a period, if i am pregnant will my baby be a gurl? please help, i already bought pink close.
|

replied March 14th, 2013
Please Help!!:,(
Please help!
Me and my Bf were fooling around. We noticed he had some precum on his penis so he wiped off and then wiped it off on his pants. Somewhere around 15 to 30 minutes later he started to finger me. I'm pretty sure he used the same hand to finger me. He was actually going in pretty deep and I am extremely worried I might be pregnant. The day after I have just a little bit of blood in my boogers. Could this be a sign that I am pregnant? Maybe I'm just too worried?? Please help!
|