Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Pain Management Forum

Multiple Carpal Tunnel Surgeries and Severe Pain

Must Read
Learn the basics about carpal tunnel syndrome here: causes, risk factors and complications....
Are some people born with carpal tunnel? More here on what can cause carpal tunnel syndrome and who is at risk of developing the condition....
Carpal tunnel syndrome is accompanied by very clear signs and symptoms. But how do symptoms change as the syndrome progresses? More info here....
User Profile
I am looking for help? I have had 4 Carpal tunnel surgeries. I have been dealing with this for over 5 years. The Pain is worse but what do I do when the pain scale only goes to 10? anyway, I was told that I need to eat more red meat to help improve nerve growth? Why would I want the nerves to grow back in my hand? This pain is so bad, scare tissue is so bad. I am on no medications, no therapy, besides my depression, which now I have or feel I have under control. I have one choice for a hospital, because on insurance right now. Dose anyone know of anything that can help reduce this pain. Medications? I have been on so many? Is there a procedure out there that I have not heard of. I am looking for anything? this pain interferes with everything. my strength I am loosing. I am very desperate. Thanks!

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied February 22nd, 2006
Pain Management Answer A407
You can consult a doctor about administering a local injection of corticosteroid and anesthetic as a temporary solution to carpal tunnel pain. Surgical intervention may be the next treatment, but the effects would have been better if the intervention was done earlier.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Pain Management , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.