Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gland Disorders Forum

Lymph Node Surgery and Removal

Must Read
What does it mean to have low levels of thyroid hormone in the body? We outline how doctors define hypothyroidism here....
What medical conditions cause hypothyroidism? And what puts you at risk of developing these conditions? More hypothyroid basics here....
When are symptoms of hypothyroidism serious? When should you seek medical help. Click here to learn when doctors recommend you come in for a visit....
User Profile
i woke up with a very sore neck i thought it was just going to be stiff neck then it ended up a few days later with a knot on the right side of my neck i went to the doctor did an ultrasound and it was my limpnotes swollen they put me on an antibiotic and it still isnt gone the doctor said when i go for a check up they will decided whether i need surgery or not my question is
What kind of surgery would that be?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 22nd, 2006
Gland Disorders Answer A406
The surgery will be very simple. The surgeon will most likely only remove the swollen lymph node under the skin. The removed node then will be analyzed by a pathologist. The result from those analyses will determine the next therapeutic steps.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gland Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.