Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

Morning Vomiting (not Pregnant) & Reflux? Help, Please.

Must Read
Flu basics - what is the flu? Get started here to learn how to protect yourself....
Who is at risk of developing flu related complications? Can people die from the flu? More on risk factors here....
We answer your questions on flu symptoms here. How are cold and flu symptoms different? When should you seek medical help for flu? Plus more....
I am 20 years old and I have been having this problem for the past 2 months - it doesn't happen everyday though... Just randomly. I wake up in the morning and will feel perfectly fine, then I shower, and then while I am getting ready all of a sudden I feel extremely hungry - but I have the feeling that if I eat it will make me feel worse, and if I don't eat i'll feel horrible.

So then, if I eat or not, I end up throwing up. I usually take pepto-bismol after I throw up and it helps me feel better (i don't know that I wouldn't feel just as fine afterwards even if I don't take it b/c i've never not taken it). I've tried taking it before I throw up but it never helps then, I just end up puking it up.

It happened this morning and I puked up water and the chewable pepto-bismol pills I had just taken. I puked again about 15 minutes later and a mucus-y substance came up, and then bright yellow stuff with a really disgusting taste - my mom said the yellow was bile from my liver? I took liquid peptobismol after that and ate some saltine crackers. My stomach feels uneasy now, but no nauseas feeling.

My doctor diagnosed me with silent reflux about a month ago. At first I had the pain of it for two weeks straight, and now it is only on and off. I don't take anything for it but I avoid certain foods that can irritate it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what this could be - or if my reflux could have anything to do with it? :(
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 17th, 2010
did you happen to find out more information?
|

replied July 23rd, 2010
I realized that this post is 4 years old but WOW!!!!! I have the exact same problem right now and I feel like it is ruining my life. I wake up in the morning feeling great and then I shower and then I feel so nauseous afterward and if I don't eat or do eat I still throw up. I have no idea what it is and the doctor couldn't figure it out he just told me to avoid certain foods and take gravel but it doesn't help. I have ate eggs, cereal, bread, and oatmeal before and every time I felt sick. I want to know what is wrong Sad! I am also 20 years old, I'm also not pregnant but I have had problems with reflux but never this extreme out of nowhere.
|

replied July 29th, 2010
throwing up in the morning.
Hey i know these posts are old. but i am 21 year old female who has been throwing up off and on for about a year to a year and a half. I wake up in the mornings with a really bad gag reflex and generally end up throwing up.. i noticed that it was generally on the mornings that i worked and couldnt get enough sleep. I also heard from a friend that she had a friend who experiences the same thing and that she thought it might be a direct result of stress and not enough sleep.
|

replied October 5th, 2010
What my doctor found out...
I realize that this post is old, but I have had the same issue for over 4 years. Getting up at 2 every morning, vomiting. The doctors could not find out what was wrong, I took many trips to the ER. Finally a doctor ordered a scope of my GI tract, and the diagnosis was Gastritis. They put me on medicine to control the acid in my stomach, and I have not vomited since.
Stress and eating certain foods affect the level of Gastritis.
I would suggest that if you have to had a scope, that you get one, it was the best move the doctor could have made.
|