Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

I Think Im a Skitso..

Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....
But I dont know.

Im 17 years old and I do have a severe panick dissorder (im not taking medicine) I have had a really stressfull month always thinking about cancer or that im gonna die. For the past couple days I have been feeling wierd it seems as if im in a dream world or something. I cant sleep at night im so scared of the night now for some reason I dont know why and im scared im gonna start hearing voices or be paranoid of everything. I always wanna be in bed I dont think anyone is gonna hurt me or anything and im not paranoid yet. Im always dizzy and I havint been eating right latly ( was 129 pounds and now im 120..I lost 9 pounds in a couple days) and I alway have this werd headache pressure. Im going to see a pychiatrist tomorrow and tell him my symptoms.

Dooes this sound like skitsophrenea?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 3rd, 2006
Doubtful
It really doesn't sound like schizophrenia to me (i've been schizophrenic for 20 years). It sounds like you may have a lot of fears or that you're reacting with panic and fear to something that's happening to you or that may have happened to you in the past.

I'm not trying to diagnose you but sometimes when we go through trauma when we're younger, we block it out of our memory and don't even know it happened to us; just something to consider. Do as much as you can to relax, take time outs when you're under a lot of stress, and if your symptoms persist, tell a trusted adult and consider seeing a counselor or therapist to tell them about what you're feeling.

Don't stress, everything will be fine.

Come back & let us know how you're feeling.
:) :)
|

replied February 3rd, 2006
No
You sound as though you are what is known as depersonalized - which can happen along with or after severe anxiety panic attacks. This frame of mind will very likely pass ...

Very likely you would benefit from individual psychotherapy - it would repay your doing it

alan piper post grad psyche london uk
|

replied December 29th, 2007
Re: I Think Im a Skitso..
This may sound offensive, but its totally not. But I just thought maybe you should look at being a hypochondriac. Because it kinda sounds like you are. It is a dissorder that alot of people can not help. Just a thought.
|

replied January 26th, 2008
yeah it sounds alot like hypochondria, i've sufefred from it for years and still fight it to this day but its not as bad or at least my reaction to my over analytical thoughts in regards to health are no longer as severe. ended up sucking down rediculous ammounts of xanax for 3 years because of it till i got so bad i almost needed to goto rehab. panic atacks can be frightening and cause a depersonalized state following, like its such a major shock to the system that you become disconnected so you dont have to experience it full force. even right now im rationalizing every possible reason to have a bleeding ulcer but its most likely gas or something minor. unfortunately when things actually go wrong i tend to under react and from that problems can arise so it simply comes down to, if i'm that worried, see a doctor, demand tests and take his word for it even if i trust my own instincts better than his because even if something is killing me (besides living lol) then why waste time stressing out trying to figure it out, easier said than done more often than not but its a helpfull mindstate to keep. best of luck
|

replied December 14th, 2008
MABE...My name is James by the way
I think the whole United States is watching me 24/7 and reading my mind and calculating my everythought before it happens and shoving it in my smiling face because of my hilarious past and ive bin there a few times already and I still think its going on....better yet I kno its going on and I know im not schitzophrenic...you tell me DOC
|

User Profile
replied December 14th, 2008
Supporter
I believe that you are schitzophrenic. I think you know this too. Try getting a lot of rest. Stick to your meds and get a case manager or health worker to talk with you about your symptoms.
|

replied December 3rd, 2009
I think you are schizo, totally. You are screwed.
|

replied May 17th, 2013
When I was younger I was skitso but it has stopped now will it come back when I'm older p.s. I'm 13 14 in december
|