Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Tight Head?

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
Ok guys, another question... For awhile, i've been having this thing where if I sit down for awhile, and stand back up fast, I get this feeling of tightness in my neck, and it pulsates up to the back of my head. When I run for awhile and really tire myself out, I can feel and hear my heartbeat in the back of my head, and this is horrifying me... But this only seems to happen when i'm really depressed, or really tore up. It still happens when i'm not, but not half as bad. Like today, I was laying down for about an hour, and had to get up quickly to answer the phone. When I got up quickly (had been upset before laying down) I felt that pain in the back of my head/neck like a tightness or throbbing, and it seriously worries me.... I don't want to have an anyuresm or anything... I want to know if anxiety can cause this, thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper CrusaderX
|

replied February 3rd, 2006
Experienced User
I have this, mine is a constant throbbing that does not stop, no matter what. It gets worse when I stand up quickly or exercise to. My physician said he is 100% positive it is all related to my anxiety.

James
|
Did you find this post helpful?