Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Dark Or Black Blood While Pregnant

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I'm 11 weeks pregnant and I have had some dark black blood.Is this normal? Two weeks ago I was bleeding red blood but it stopped and now dark black blood is coming out and it has a bad smell.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 2nd, 2006
Experienced User
Have you consulted your doctor? Coz its normal to have spotting (normally its brownish dried blood on underwear) but dark, foul smelling blood I havent encountered it. Some of my friends here experienced spotting and bleeding however they consulted a doctor.
|

replied February 2nd, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I would either contact your dr if you have one yet, or go to er. This dont sound normal to me. But, of course I am no .Dr.
|

User Profile
replied February 3rd, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
That sounds abmormal. Especially the bad smell. If I were you I would go to the er anytime you had spotting, I dont care what they tell you.
So you can get an ultrasound and make sure you and baby are okay.

When I lost my baby at five months I didnt have any pain at all, just a little spotting when I wiped, turned out my baby had died already.

Im not trying to scare you but I think you need to see a doctor.
|

Extremely eHealthy
lilypad wrote:
that sounds abmormal. Especially the bad smell. If I were you I would go to the er anytime you had spotting, I dont care what they tell you.

When I lost my baby at five months I didnt have any pain at all, just a little spotting when I wiped, turned out my baby had died already.

yes, lilypad I was the same way, rushing to the hospital with flashers on in the middle of the night. At any site of blood. You know I had all/ or most all-- my miscarriages in the night, but my births in the day--never thought about that before.

How are you hon, havent heard from you. Did you hear they are referring me to a .Dr who knows about my pregnancy, we will see what he does. Right??
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
fatfamily02 wrote:
lilypad wrote:
that sounds abmormal. Especially the bad smell. If I were you I would go to the er anytime you had spotting, I dont care what they tell you.

yes, lilypad I was the same way, rushing to the hospital with flashers on in the middle of the night. At any site of blood. You know I had all/ or most all-- my miscarriages in the night, but my births in the day--never thought about that before.

How are you hon, havent heard from you. Did you hear they are referring me to a .Dr who knows about my pregnancy, we will see what he does. Right??

thats great! I sure hope this doctor takes better care of all three of you than the others did.

And me? Ill pm ya.
|