Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

What is Causing the Bump on my Husband's Penis?

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
User Profile
My husband has recently found a bump at the top of his penis where the hair is. The bump does not hurt or itch. It is kind of big but it is not discolored and there is no puss. What could this be? The skin looks normal there is just this big bump like the size of a dime?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 7th, 2007
Sexual Health - Men Answer A343
Your husband will need to provide a doctor with information about the duration of this bump (when it showed up) and whether or not you have observed it growing. Generally, it sounds like you have identified a kind of skin tumor, but I cannot tell you anything about its nature according to your description. Your husband has to go to a dermatovenerologist or urologist for an examination!

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Men , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.