Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

Cramping After Sex (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I recently had unprotected sex with my boyfriend (which we've been doing for awhile) but the other night after sex I had mild cramping which has never happened for is there a chance I could be pregnant? Can anyone help with this?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper we_follow_Christ
|

replied February 22nd, 2006
Just this week I had the same thing I would get cramps and I think im pregnant but the best thing to do is probably get a blood test
|

replied February 26th, 2006
Experienced User
Me Too...
I had unprotected sex last night also and today I am cramping. What could that be?
|

replied November 29th, 2011
help me
i had a ? i had sex on the 25 the of nov un protected with my b.f and the next day started crampin and today is the 4th day n cramping still there last night i felt weird stomach tightening can i be ovulating?
|

replied March 7th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
So is anyone pregnant right now?

Cos I too had sex last night and am having cramps today.... I would like to know what is means?
|

replied March 29th, 2012
I am 6 weeks pregnant and have had some cramping for a couple weeks on and off. I keep reading its normal but I'm calling my OB today to make sure
|

replied March 29th, 2012
I am 6 weeks pregnant and have had some cramping for a couple weeks on and off. I keep reading its normal but I'm calling my OB today to make sure
|

replied March 7th, 2006
Experienced User
No One Knows I Guess!!!
I dont know if anyone knows the answer to this really. Because no one has yet to give us any advice. If I were to take an educated guess I would have to say it might be because of the intercourse itself. Maybe he was going to hard or you were doing the "deed" in a position that really made you workout that part of your body. Which in turn causes cramping. I am not pregnant yet I dont think!!! But I will let you guys know if and when I do turn up pregnant. Good luck!!!
|

User Profile
replied March 27th, 2006
Experienced User
Cramps after sex dosnt mean u be pregnant, I mean day before I found out I was pregnant, I had sex loads, and didnt realise. Took a test, and I was preg!!! But what happend to me, is my breasts really hurt loads, and I couldnt eat anything
|

replied March 27th, 2006
The last time we had sex before I found out I was pregnant it was a bit sore around my tummy area....

I wouldnt say it was cramp pains it just hurt, and it stopped as soon as we'd finished....
|

replied October 7th, 2007
Cramps After Sex
Last month my hubby and I had unprotected sex (oops!) while I was ovulating, and for the next day and a few days afterwards I experienced painful menstrual like cramps. I thought for sure I was pregnant and took a test just before I was due to get my period. It came back negative and 2 days later I did get my period. Then once again, sex during ovulation, this time my hubby wore a coat!! And the next day cramps. I am not a doctor, but my guess is that I may have a cyst and ovulation combined with intercourse sets it off. I'm not entirely worried, more releived that I wasn't pregnant (have 2 beautiful kids and want to stop while I'm ahead!!). I do plan to see a doc, though. My advice? Conception is not painful, and does not cause cramps. Take a test to be sure, but see an ob/gyn for any other possibilities.
|

replied May 3rd, 2011
did you throw up when you were pregnant with your kids?
|

replied April 13th, 2009
i am confused
i had unprotected sex with my boyfriend the day before i was due for my period. i had my period and the day i stopped i we had unprotected sex. i have been having cramps since then and i dont know what it is. it hasnt been long enough to see if i am pregnate i just want to know why i am cramping.
|

replied August 23rd, 2011
Have you gone to your Doctor? I had the same thing happen to me and i'm going for an exam tomorrow. could be HPV or vaginitis?
|

replied April 29th, 2009
helpp!
me n my b.f did it for the first tym in 11 mounths,and i wz suposed to get ma peiod a 5 dasys after n i havent yet imn sooo worried but we had pretection n he didnt cum! and i no its kinda impossible but im reli worried cuz its like 4 dasyslate the most is eva bin late is 2 and a half days n it bin ages i dunno wt to do man?
|

replied May 5th, 2009
Don't worry
If this is the first time you had sex then your period being late is nothing to worry about in your situation. Sex can screw up even the most perfect of cycles. So can stress so I wouldn't stress cause you'll just make it more late. If you really need a peace of mind go buy an over the counter pregnancy test and take it in the morning.
|

replied May 11th, 2009
abortions
i am 23 and i had 4 abortions the last one when i was 19, i am now trying to get pregnant with my husband and am unsuccessful. could it be because i had 2 many abortions at a young age? help, i want a child now so bad
|

replied September 26th, 2011
Yes, abortions can affect your ability have children. Thy are not women friendly. You may still be able to have children, you should be checked out.

I have not had an abortion although I am very fermiliar with them and the damage they do. I have had a DNC due to probable cancer and they said, even with taking care to not scrape to much of the uterus, it could damage (scar tissue) to the uterus not allowing the baby to attach.
|

replied May 13th, 2012
Falling pregnant
I just read the part about scaring the tissue, iv been getting period like pains for around 4-5 days now, this morning me and my bf had sex and after wards I could bearly walk or move but I had no period, sometime when we have sex it hurts it used to happen alot Sad iv been having sex for about 5 years regularly and no protection Sad and I have not fallen pregnant yet Sad is some thing wrong with me?! ;(
|

replied May 13th, 2012
Falling pregnant
I just read the part about scaring the tissue, iv been getting period like pains for around 4-5 days now, this morning me and my bf had sex and after wards I could bearly walk or move but I had no period, sometime when we have sex it hurts it used to happen alot Sad iv been having sex for about 5 years regularly and no protection Sad and I have not fallen pregnant yet Sad is some thing wrong with me?! ;(
|

replied October 5th, 2012
Reply on 5 years no positive HPT
Reminds me of what my friend explained and turned out she had endemetrosis (however spelled)..Her periods got irregular and even stopped all together..Then she'd get what she thought ot be periods and they were more havy& painful to points of tears..Turns out those "periods" was miscarriages and she has scarring..They said she prob had 2-3 miscarriages in 6 months! Her & Her hbby are trying btw..They're prescribing her a pill to help with scarring/conceiving..if it don't work then surgery to remove scar tissues..She was told chances of getting & carrying the baby without are slim to none. Chances go up greatly with this pill..Talk to a doctor. BTW Before learning one her biggest issues was pains after sex & random pains that just kept her in bed..also had fatigue which is accompined with this..
|

replied June 6th, 2009
BelleFleur,
Don't worry, abortions have no effect on your fertility. Give yourself some time, and if you don't get pregnant after a year of trying, you and your husband can get evaluated. Good luck!
|

replied January 21st, 2012
Yes actually abortions do effect your chances of becoming pregnant with the more you have. Do research. Still worried see a doc.
|

replied June 17th, 2012
My best friend had an abortion then a year later tried to have a child and her doctors told her she couldnt have children because of the abortion she had the year before. So yes they can mess up your fertility.
|

replied June 16th, 2009
cramps after unprotected sex...
I had unprotected sex last night, it was my first time and today I have been having cramps. They feel like menstrual type cramps and its odd because I've been needing to see a doctor because I haven't had a period in nearly five months, but never been sexually active until last night so, I'm worried...but I read something else that cramps within the first few hours after unprotected sex could indeed mean pregnancy because it is the fertilized egg implanting itself...however, because I have not had a period in so long prior to having sex for the first time, I'm kinda doubting if I am pregnant or if its just an after sex side effect...guess I will know in a few weeks :/
|

replied September 23rd, 2011
me too
OMG we are in the same boat! Except i havnt had sex in only about three months. but i havent had a period in about 5 months when i had sex. Anyway let me know how this worked out for you. thank you.
|

replied March 6th, 2012
pull out and irregular period patterns
I have an extremely irregular period and haven't had mine for about three mont. Yesterday I had sex for the first time. It was unprotected, but he pulled out. Today I got something like my period, it bled a little but not enough to even get in the pad. I had a bath and now there hasn't been any bleeding since! I'm really worried... Could I be pregnant?
|

replied July 8th, 2009
I had sex 3 days ago (unprotected) and i have had mild cramping for all 3 days now. I am 21 years old and have been having sex since i was 16 and i have never experianced this cramping and i have been preganant 5 times but had 1 abortion and 4 misscaraiges. Does this mean inplantaion? please someone answer im soo worried!!
|

replied July 14th, 2009
AYE!
AHHHH girls! Please stop having sex before your married and you will never have these FEARS of being pregnant! Because once you are married, when you find out your pregnant it will be a miracle and blessing from God. Then abortion wont be an issue, or miscarraiges or anything like that. Women who have abortions are much more like to have depression and possibly commit suicide than women who don't.
|

replied June 5th, 2011
...You can still have a miscarriage even if you're married. Good try though?
|

replied June 5th, 2011
...You can still have a miscarriage even if you're married. Good try though?
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied July 2nd, 2011
I have been wonderfully married to wonderful loving Christian man, and I myself am Christian and believe in God's promises and His glory. I have been pregnant four times and have one beautiful little girl. I've had three miscarriages. Just because you are married or because you follow Christ doesn't mean that bad things won't happen or that you'll live a perfect life, it just means you'll always have the strength to make it through and someone always by your side.
|

replied July 4th, 2011
Excuse me... Any pregnancy is a blessing!! Not just the ones that are conceived in marriage!!! That's very narrow minded.
|

replied November 28th, 2012
Ummm
I agree im 16 and im pregant, and already i feel a blessing
|

replied August 3rd, 2011
Loser - for melissarosep
What a sad miserable life you must lead. Narrow minded, ignorant hag. You have no compassion for anyone so I hope you don't have children. If you do, my the good Lord help them when they have crises that you are too pig-headed to help them with.
|

replied November 2nd, 2011
dont judge.
I dont think you have any right to be judging anyone, just because someone has an abortion it doesnt make them a bad person. Some people DO use protection (condom AND bc) and somehow end up pregnant, And if you arent Ready and barely are making enough money to support yourself never mind a baby, abortion may be the right thing to do. AND... what about people that are raped, and of end up pregnant!... no doubt in my MIND i would have an abortion rather then have the baby and it be a CONSTANT reminder of that HORRIBLE night
|

replied December 22nd, 2011
seny
If your too young to be pregnant then you shouldn't be opening your legs. Keep your legs and body to yourself abstenence is the best way to prevent diseases and pregnancies. Everyone knows that and if you can't afford a child then like I said keep your legs closed and stop having unprotected sex... its nasty and it spreads diseases around. Stds these days don't show symptoms so be careful who you give it to. Abortion to me equals selfish, you think a child asks to be killed no they don't and I feel like all these people on here wanna get prego on purpose they see all these shows and think its cute and its not. If your married and stable then its less stressful but if your young and can't even get a job yet then you need to grow up.
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied February 18th, 2012
Excuse me I have been raped and thankfully I didnt fall pregnant, but I know exactly what it does to the survivor and how much they struggle to deal with what has happened to them, now abortion is not always the best solution but in certain situations it is. I know that I probably would have kept the baby if I had fallen pregnant. But its down to personal choice and how people are able to handle things. I agree babies are a blessing but having to carry a child that was created via a violent act by a disgusting sex predator takes a massive amount of courage and strength. The baby would be a constant reminder and for some it is too much. I strongly believe that until you have been in a person's particular situation, you cannot commit on something you know absolutely nothing about. I pray that none of you are ever raped, and have to live with PTSD. Never forget people handle things differently to each other. No situation is ever the same. Those who judge simply don't understand and were lucky enough never to be in a situation like the ones being discussed.
|

replied June 28th, 2012
Is abortion really the answer to pregnancy
A lot of people have been raped... Sadly this is the world we live in. I am among a great long list of people who has PTSD, depression, and may attempted suicides since my incident. However, I would never take a babies life. It is a blessing! There are so many people who need that child. Two wrongs don't make a right. Ruining one innocent life because your innocent life was ruined creates a vicious cycle. There are so many resources out there to help women get through these situations. Abortion shouldn't be a conditional thing. You can't say it's okay to kill a baby for one reason, but not another. Either way... You're killing a baby.
I'm not judging women out there who have made this choice in their past. We all make mistakes that we have to live with. All we can do is pick ourselves up, learn from our mistakes, and try to help others not to through the same awful things we had to go through. If you believe in God then you know he forgives ALL sins and will give you the strength to make it through any situation.
|

replied February 18th, 2012
Excuse me I have been raped and thankfully I didnt fall pregnant, but I know exactly what it does to the survivor and how much they struggle to deal with what has happened to them, now abortion is not always the best solution but in certain situations it is. I know that I probably would have kept the baby if I had fallen pregnant. But its down to personal choice and how people are able to handle things. I agree babies are a blessing but having to carry a child that was created via a violent act by a disgusting sex predator takes a massive amount of courage and strength. The baby would be a constant reminder and for some it is too much. I strongly believe that until you have been in a person's particular situation, you cannot commit on something you know absolutely nothing about. I pray that none of you are ever raped, and have to live with PTSD. Never forget people handle things differently to each other. No situation is ever the same. Those who judge simply don't understand and were lucky enough never to be in a situation like the ones being discussed.
|

replied June 15th, 2012
Sorry, but a cluster of barely formed cells that cant feel anything yet is not a baby, and having an abortion before these nerves are formed is not the murder of one. You have the right to your beliefs, but don't force them on everyone else by being judgmental. It's people like you that are the reason welfare is in such dire straights. You can say "close your legs" all you want, but realistically, let's be reasonable. And where exactly is the responsibility of the man in all of this? Why not tell him to keep it in his pants? You know absolutely nothing. But hey, let's continue to deny these girls contraception and sometimes needed abortions. You can go ahead and pay for their welfare check.
|

replied January 10th, 2012
Women let's start now!
Yes you are right.... We are destroying purpose. Women respect yourselves take care of your bodies. God made you with a great purpose. Don't be afraid to say no to sex.
|

replied August 25th, 2012
Lunadanger has said, miscarriage has nothing to do with being married. Miscarriage can be that your body isnt ready for a pregnancy, the fertiliser egg has not attatched itself or that there is something wrong with the fetus. Doctors can not actually pin point exactly why women have miscarriages but they can curtainly tell you it has nothing to do with not being married. My aunt and uncle have been together for over 20 yrs never married and have 5 wonderful children. I'm not married and my pregnancy is doing excellent. My dad and step mum have been married for atleast 18 years and they have 3 beautiful children together. My stepmum also had an eptopic pregnancy during that time. It all depends the pregnancy not your marital status.
|

replied August 25th, 2012
Lunadanger has said, miscarriage has nothing to do with being married. Miscarriage can be that your body isnt ready for a pregnancy, the fertiliser egg has not attatched itself or that there is something wrong with the fetus. Doctors can not actually pin point exactly why women have miscarriages but they can curtainly tell you it has nothing to do with not being married. My aunt and uncle have been together for over 20 yrs never married and have 5 wonderful children. I'm not married and my pregnancy is doing excellent. My dad and step mum have been married for atleast 18 years and they have 3 beautiful children together. My stepmum also had an eptopic pregnancy during that time. It all depends the pregnancy not your marital status.
|

replied July 22nd, 2009
ok abortion is a choice! unprotected sex is a choice! thankyouverymuch!! the only thing multipal abortions may do is create scar tissue which will make it harder for sperm to enter the cervix.. And depending how old you are and what time in your life you end up getting pregnant no matter if it was an accidental thing or just pure stupidity!! what matters is you made that choice for you and noone else.. I am 30, been married and divorced had one abortion when I was 20 in college with one year to go before I graduated there was no way I was bringing a child into this world when i wasn't ready!!! I got pregnant by accident we used double protection and they both failed the pill and condom... so things happen..
|

replied July 26th, 2009
So I do believe abortion is definitely WRONG!!!! What about that babies choice? Did you ask that baby if it wanted to die? And 2nd getting pregnant whiled married is not always a blessing, some people can't afford it or its just not the right time.
|

replied August 4th, 2009
In some cases i think its necessary
Well I think people should take those extra precautions to not get pregnant if they know they can't handle it. Ladies its just time to grow up and not be so irrisponsible. But I'm in the same boat as most of you. I'm 21. And me and my boyfriend have unprotected sex all the time. I have a tilted uterus and he barely cums when do it and never cums in me. I wasn't really worried about getting preg but my period is late which is normal for me (sometimes its even 2 months late) and I've been cramping for a couple weeks now like I'm about to start but i never do. And this past week after sex I've been having pretty bad cramps but they ususally go away after 20 min or so. My bf just mentioned today that he thought my breasts looked bigger. I took a pregnancy test and i it was defective cuz the whole little window turned a bluish color. it was neither neg or pos. What do you guys think? Do I sound preg? Should I just relax and wait to see if my period comes or should I hightail it to the doc?
|

replied August 13th, 2009
Back to the original question
Ok..... let's stay off the abortion and judging others thing cause that's not what this thread is about. *I'm not saying I'm for it or against it, it's just not helping with the initial poster's question*

Anywho, if you are having cramps after sex, it could be due to a uterian or ovarian cyst.
Personally, I got pregnant a few weeks after marriage and we didn't know we were pregnant. I was late but no other symptoms.
With our second child, I had an ovarian cyst rupture and ended up in the hospital. There was nothing they could do but diagnose. I had cramping and bleeding (just some spotting) that morning but the cramping got worse so my midwife sent me to the hospital. They did an ultrasound and said I had a cyst that had ruptured.
At my follow-up the next day with my midwife, she took some blood just to double check that I was or wasn't pregnant. A week later she took more blood to compare the hormone levels. They had shot up so high she had no doubt I was pregnant.
Basically, I had an egg implant at or about the same time I had a cyst rupture. Healthy pregnancy. My second is now 14 months old.
So, long story short. Implantation cramping doesn't happen every time with someone who's had it. It might, but it doesn't mean that everyone will be that way.
It could be a cyst.
Get it checked out either way. If you get a negative on the urine test but still think you might be pregnant, go get a blood test done. You'll have to wait a few days to get another test to compare it to but sometimes that's what it takes.
For those wanting to be pregnant, God's blessings. For those not wanting to be pregnant, God's blessing to you too.
|