Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Interaction With B/c

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I was wandering if anyone has taken hoodia with birth control? I would like to use hoodia to supress my appetite and I know it works to lose weight but I am really afraid to try it, because i'm afraid it will interact with my ortho lo. I have asked my doctor, pharmacist and a hoodia product maker and nobody knows because there hasn't been enough testing and its so new to us. (so if any one has any insight I definately welcome it.) :? I am desperate for answers.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 30th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
The only known herb to interact with birth control is saint johns wort, and I have known women to use hoodia with birth contro and were fine.
|

replied January 30th, 2006
Thanks for the advice. I was just trying to find other people who had taken it and were ok. :)
|

replied June 1st, 2006
Experienced User
Im dragging this up coz I wondered if u have now started ur hoodia supplements!? Only iam too on b/c and I wanna start hoodia to stop snacking and yet like u im scared it will interact with my b/c. Thanks cari for saying u know poepl who are on both... They're ok I gather!!! Lol... X x x x x
|