Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Weird Redness Inside Belly Button

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
I'm sure this question has been covered a million times in this forum, but I still can't seem to figure out what this is and if it is indeed similar.

I have a innie belly button and one day when I was about to go to bed, I noticed that my belly button was itching like crazy! I reached to scratch it and then noticed this large amount of puss and crusty stuff accumulated inside my belly button. I later tried to clean it out and then noticed that it was red inside. I've asked a few of my friends who are doctors what to do. All they recommended was to keep it clean with warm water and soap.

The unfortunate part is that it was about a month ago and I still have the irritation and the crusty stuff happening. I try to clean my belly button every morning in the shower.

My question is what is this and how do I treat it? I keep reading not to apply any topical creams to it (my friends even told me not to). So if I did go to my doctor and he prescribed one...What do I do? Also, as an fyi, I had a laparaoscopy performed about over three years ago. Not sure if this is related to that or not but figured i'd mention it just in case it is related.

Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 16th, 2007
What Was the Answer?
I'm curious as to what the answer was to your question.
Please let me know, i'm experiencing the same symptoms
thanks
Monica
|

replied December 10th, 2008
same and its !**@! annoying!!!
same here ive only had the prob for 4 days,only 13 and its annoying!
|

replied September 23rd, 2012
red belly button
My belly button was bright red on a Saturday. I was horrified so I went to the Hospital. I was given atibiotics and clotrimazole 1% cream. Within the next week I went to my regular Dr and she also agreed it was ringworm yuck. Highly contagious. now I have a rash on under my bra which exceeds 2-3 inches. I,m going back to the Dr for a referral to a Dermatologist. I've studied on line and it does not at all look like ringworm. I need another opinion and solution. the belly button doe not itch but my belly itches like crazy.
|
Quick Reply