Medical Questions > Cancer > Prostate Cancer Forum

Prostate Pain That Will Never Go Away (Page 1)

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Im 33y/o and not sure what is going on...At first I thought that it was a prostate infection...I had frequent urination, pain and soreness in my rectum that passes when I have a bowel movement...Pain in my groin and pelvic area. I have gone to doctors and urologist and they tell me my urine is clean. I have been on cipro, bactrum, and am now on doxycycline. Sometimes the pain goes away for a day or so but only to return...It feels like a burning aching feeling inside my rectum and then there are times when the pain radiates all through my genital area down my legs. Whats going on...I have hat a cat scan to see if there was an abcess...Nothing turns up. I know im not just imagining this pain and discomfort. I can't imagine living with this pain much longer...Anyone out there having similiar symptoms or have been through this I would aqppreciate any advice...Please
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Tjai
|

replied January 28th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Along with the antibiotics have you increased your fluid intake? Something like cranberry juice to help with the elimination of this infection? I do not know if it will help or not but it is supposed to be a big help with urinary tract infections.

Also maybe they could prescribe a mild analgesic to help you deal with the pain being caused by the prostate infection. You do not want to have too strog of a narcotic pain med because they can and do cause there to be urinary retention by enlarging the prostate too.

You are kind of in a catch 22 but maybe drinking some cranbery juice and also increasing your water intake will help.

Best wishes,
brian
|

replied February 21st, 2006
I have the same problem prostatitis, 36 years old. Only thing so far to help me i`ve had it 3 months is pumpkin seed oil.

Have you recovered or are still suffering? Anything help you?
|

replied May 4th, 2006
Welcome to the Club!
I am going through the same problem. I have seen 2 dr's. The first after a rectal exam told me I had prostatitis and the 2nd sent me for all the test you can imagine even a ct scan and a painful cystoscopy. All turned out negative. He said I was fine and no prostatitis found. Now, im still with the first dr as this one found something and I have been on medication for a little over amonth now. I also heard some antibiotics can trigger the symptoms. How true can this be?
I have to se my Dr. Again this monday. I will let you the outcome.
|

replied September 24th, 2013
Not only can these symptoms be triggered by antibiotics but they can also be caused by the foods we are eating. I have been experiencing this problem for many years and always thought my constipation was to blame. I took the necessary measures, like snacking on prunes regularly, which brought the needed relief. Meanwhile, I was also diagnosed with autoimmune disease and low white cell counts and needed antibiotics to stave off repeated infections. My symptoms returned after my recent prostate biopsy last week and I am not sure whether it was the antibiotics or the procedure itself though I am healing quite well. But then, I read about how GMO foods have contaminated our food supplies and are beginning to trigger all kinds of diseases, such as autoimmune diseases in human beings. It became clear to me that my diet has become the problem. I mention this because when I changed my diet to eliminate GMO foods, I started to feel better, and now I am sure that even if my biopsy comes back positive, I can beat it with a diet clear of GMO foods. These foods will kill us all if we are not vigilant. Try a new diet and notice the difference.
|

replied May 4th, 2006
I still have the symptoms but I am much better after using the pumpkin seed oil and quercetin. Unfortuanately I have still have some symptoms that ebb and flw. Good days and not so good. But overall no problem urinating, but I still have a little pain in the region.

Let me know what the doc says.Good luck.
|

replied November 1st, 2007
I Have the Same Symtoms.
Did anyone having the rectal pain that Tjai reported ever find a cause or a cure?
|

replied November 12th, 2011
I had this burning pain during my first bout of prostatitis. Sometimes fresh blood on the toiler paper. I continued after I was done with antibiotics. I even got some sort of a rash in this area. I'm pretty sure I know what it was caused by. During the 1.5 month course of antibiotics, I had yeast overgrowth. At first I had no clue what that was, until I searched around the net. I started taking probiotics 3 times suggested daily dose for a couple of months, and with some prescription east medication (2 weeks) this helped.

Now the prostatitis returned, and I started talking probiotics right from the start of antibiotics. No problem at all. Burning only came when I did take enough over one weekend, but then when I resumed it went away.

Take good probiotics like culturelle. 30-40 billion units (they have some unit measure for this - it should say on the box/bottle) per day does it for me.

This butt problem was as bad as prostatities itself...
|

replied November 3rd, 2007
Feeling Much Better
believe it or not ...and I know this will soud far fetched , but I was advised by my urologist to ejaculate more ( masturbate) and massage my prostate ...all I can say is that the pain went away.

T'jai
|

replied November 16th, 2008
There is hope.It took me over 3 years to find the truth
I have been through the same routine as all of you.First it's the silver bullet, it's always antibiotics.Even when there is no evidence of any infection. As a matter of fact they had me on so many that I had a C dif. That is when all of your good intestinal bacterial is killed off and the C.dif bacteria take over your bowels. They all most killed me.Even though me PSA has been consistantly 0.5.Then they give you another digital and tell you that you have BPH.And they tell you that you will just have to live with the pain. You know hot sitz baths, Ice packs and take Hytrin or Flowmax.
Belive me, your pain even though it feels like it's comming from your groin,is reference pain from muscles in your thighs, butt, and abdomine. There is absolutly nothing wrong with your prostate. But your local urologist knows nothing about Chronic Myofacial pain.It would take me too long to explain. Google CMP. Chronic myofacial pain,There are trigger points in these muscles that are causiing your pain These round hard places in your muscles can be treated by having a masso therapist press on them and the muscles will release, at least you will get some temporary relief.I have been compleatly cured of any testicle, groin or prostate pain by DR Hal S Blatman in Cincinnati Ohio. He does trigger point injection in those areas and there gone for good.Belive me I was in so much pain that I wanted to end my life. I had given up any hope.When I read other peoples blogs here and see that you are going through the hell that I went through, I do not want to see you have to suffer any longer.I had been to the ER dozens of times and pain clinics that did nothing but pump me up with narcotics. If your PSA tests are low and there is no evidence of infection,do not take any antibiotics.Yes you still should continue to see your urologist for BPH symptoms, and Hytrin and flowmax can help you urinate. But don't let them con you. They want to make as much money as they can from you even though they say there is nothing that they can do for your pain
|

replied March 19th, 2009
Same here
My symptoms are identical to most of those above. Did antibiotics - no help. I started on Saw Pawmetto, seems to have made a dent but I guess it can take two months to be affective and I've only been on it for 3 weeks. Cranberry juice seems to be good too. Alcohol, particularly hard stuff like whiskey seems to make it worse.

I'm wondering if Myofascial Pain Syndrome explains these cases when caffiene and alcohol seemto make it worse, while Saw Pawmetto and Pumpkin Seed oil seem to make it better, due to Myofascial Pain being muscle related.
|

replied April 6th, 2009
would you like prayer so that jesus can heal you
|

replied April 10th, 2009
prostate Pain end of Penis etc
if you have had your prostate checked and no cancer or infection, and you still have pain....IT IS NOT YOUR PROSTATE...that is not the problem...there is a book titled Headache in the Pelvis..The problem is people can carry muscle tension in the pelvic floor which can casue many different pains. I thought is was crazy at first. but I found a physical therapist who treats this type of problem...plz feel free to private message me. I have suffered from this for years and now withing 3 weeks i am 90 percent better.
|

replied September 26th, 2011
pelvic pain
I have the same type of pain, have had it in varying degrees for over 20 years now. I have read Headache in the Pelvis but aside from traveling to California which is totally impractical for me I'm not sure what one can do. I even wrote to one of the authors of the book pleading for advise and got a somewhat rude reply that there was nothing he could do for me (outside of my coming to Cal and taking part in their protocol). Do you have any advice?
|

replied September 26th, 2011
pelvic pain
I have the same type of pain, have had it in varying degrees for over 20 years now. I have read Headache in the Pelvis but aside from traveling to California which is totally impractical for me I'm not sure what one can do. I even wrote to one of the authors of the book pleading for advise and got a somewhat rude reply that there was nothing he could do for me (outside of my coming to Cal and taking part in their protocol). Do you have any advice?
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied April 27th, 2009
vitD

I'd also look into vitamin D deficiency as a possible cause of pain. At least many people with idiopathic back pain or other nonspecific musculoskeletal pain have had pain relief from vitamin D. Vitamin D is very important for neuromuscular development and function. I've understood that also magnesium is important.

|

replied May 20th, 2009
prostate
hi my husband has been having pains in his stomach along with blood when he passes fesis and also there is some sort of jelly mucus when he wipes his bottom he went to the GP and he told him that his prostate was inflamed he did a blood test on monday and the results are back today which is wednesday could this mean that it is bad news wit the results coming back so quick
|

replied September 11th, 2009
Pain in the pelvis
I had the same experience as the individual above that mentioned Pain in the Pelvis. I have literally been to hell and back with this condition but I made it out and I am now 100% healed for the past year or so. Although it took me much longer than 3 weeks to recover I did a combination of things to help myself. It changed my life but it made me stronger because of it, and now I handle stress differently. And yes, if you do not have an infection or an enlarged prostate then you have pelvic tension/floor cramping. There is a way and don't ever give up. I've been there. Feel free to private message me I'm always glad to help someone with this. I live in the NYC area and can refer some good Dr's/therapists and activities to get you back to your normal life.
|

replied March 18th, 2014
Hi I noticed your post and would love to hear about any success you have had with therapist in the nyc area
|

replied March 18th, 2014
Hi I noticed your post and would love to hear about any success you have had with therapist in the nyc area
|

replied March 18th, 2014
|

replied September 25th, 2009
Very informative comments. I appreciate all the information published. It's hard to talk about these kinds of things in person, it helps when there are others who can help sort things out in your own head.
|

replied January 19th, 2010
I went trugh most of the above treatments, but nothing helped.
I am lucky to live with an veterenarian with a mind of her own, she thought it was something totally different. In animals little sex results in a hwole range of prostate problems. So she put me on her own cure. It hurt like hell in the beginning but after a while it all went back to normal. She blew me twice a deay for a week before it started helping (strange too lock back on it becose i hated it, and tried to avoid her). After 14 days of her cure, i culd have normal sex again. and after a month the pain was gone. Now we make sure that our sexlife is active and the problem is gone. I guess they know more about horses than humans on this point. I am not saying that all prostate problems are sexrelated but for me it defenitly was.
|

replied April 5th, 2010
Don''t give up hope on the antibiotics. I''ve been on cipro for 7 weeks with prostatitis and it''''s only just started to work. My peeing has improved and I can now ejaculate whereas it just made things worse before the antibiotics and I hardly had any fluid in the ejaculate. Don''t believe everything you read online about antibiotics being useless for prostatitis, it''s often that many doctors don''''t prescribe it for long enough. The prostate is notoriously difficult to penetrate with antibiotics so it can take months for it to get working. Also, be careful about massaging your own prostate, I tried and it made my symptoms much worse causing severe pain that required 2 nights in hospital. If you''re still getting aching pains in the base of your penis when you get an erection it might be best to wait until you''ve had at least 2 weeks of antibiotics. Unfortunately most medical practioners in the west are pretty useless when it comes to prostatitis. I know more than my own doctor about this and am amazed at her lack of understanding. Try and get a good urologist as soon as possible and if you don''t get results try one of the world renouned experts who are real pioneers in this field. Don''t lose hope, there is help out there, just keep looking.
|

replied December 7th, 2010
Prostate
I am 25 years old. It started off a urinary track infection. Then my Doctor told me that I had prostatitis.
I have seen the urologist twice. he put me on pain killers which worked. Now im on alfuzosin. I am having pain the the GROIN, mainly left side but also just started to feel it in the front. They recently did a ultrasound on my groin and nothing...

The pain is a drag, recently very sharp and short in the groin, sometimes at the tip of the penis. ANYONE experience the same thing? Would like to know. I did take saw palmetto but nothing. I also took cifro but stopped after the second time.
|

replied August 11th, 2011
Exercising your prostate is the only thing that seems to work fo
I have all of the above. Exercising your prostate is the only thing that seems to work for me...that is masturbation and massaging prostate. It hard to do this 4-5 days per week but it really did help me. Sometimes if I get an ache after bowel movement and then masturbate there is instant relief...very weird. Almost like a pressure is relieved from the prostate.
|

replied August 11th, 2011
I have all of the above. Exercising your prostate is the only thing that seems to work for me...that is masturbation and massaging prostate. It hard to do this 4-5 days per week but it really did help me. Sometimes if I get an ache after bowel movement and then masturbate there is instant relief...very weird. Almost like a pressure is relieved from the prostate.
|
12 >>