Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

How Long Can You Live With Cancer?

Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
Hi,
this is just a random question bcuz im kinda curious.
But does anyone know how long you can live with un-treated cancer?

Xx
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper x-looloo-x
|

replied January 28th, 2006
Experienced User
It's different for everyone.
|

replied March 7th, 2006
Depends on what type of cancer it is an whether or not its fast growing.
|

User Profile
replied March 7th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Along with the stage and treatment, their are some that can still go into remission.
|

replied April 9th, 2006
Experienced User
My brother-in-law's uncle lived over fifteen years with bone cancer but finally passed on in december and my ex's father died three months after finding out he had a brain tumor...
|

replied April 29th, 2006
Apparently you can have thyroid cancer for example, and not know it for 5 years at least. And even then it's quite curable even at that stage. But it does seem that when a person finds out they are diagnosed with some type of cancer, the disease gets worst very quickly. Could it be psychological ?????
When you don't know that you have cancer, your system reacts differently???
Or just coincidence about doctors finding out too late and just at the point of acceleration......?
Don't know

larry
|

replied January 22nd, 2012
this is because consciousness has a large effect on the unconscious or uncontrollable part of the brain.
They get worse when the body realizes there is a problem.
If you convince your subcounsious you are sick, it will make you throw up or have diarhea regardless of whether you are or not.
So when you realize you have cancer, you basically tell your body to act. DO Something, find the cancer.

As we know, when you attack someone breaking into your home, they attack back.
But if you don't, for the most part, they just steal your resources.
The same goes for cancer.
As long as the body doesn't know there is something wrong, it wont cause a fuss.

Once it does, its the same as giving a hunting dog a article of clothing to find a killer.

Its on. Like donkey kong.

The problem is, cancer is something the body is not usually able to beat on its own.
cancer has bigger guns, and better training.

Its weakness is it needs a host, a base of operations, where as our body, is a constant supply of more army men.
As long as we keep the warriors coming, cancer will remain suppressed.
|

replied December 16th, 2008
Tyler
My neighbor was diagnosed with carcinosarcoma breast cancer. it accounts for .01 of all breast cancers and is the rareest form. there is no cure, but chemo is sometimes used to slow progression. On Feburary 14, 2006 she was told she had a month. She is still here today, 2 years later
|

replied February 25th, 2009
lung cancer
what is the survival rate for stage 2 lung cancer, lung was removed and followed by chemo
|

replied September 7th, 2009
my dad died of throat cancer in 1987 and had it 17yrs. my sister was 35 when she was diagnosed with hodgens lymphoma and lived 9 yrs.
|

replied February 1st, 2010
basal cell carcinoma
will i found out sept 11 2009 i had lung cancer,its rare type.it is mestatice basal cell lung cancer.it came from the skin.iam not sick havnt lost weight feel good and iam a christain.the only tretment for this is Gcd 0449.clinicly trail in chapel hill n.c.but the drug can make the mbcc grow faster.so iam afarid to try it and u arent sure u get the drug.it is so rare that only three hundred people have had it since 1845.if anyone else has this type of cancer i would like to here from them.shirley
|

replied October 27th, 2010
how long can u live with late stage throat cancer with no treatment??
|

replied December 19th, 2011
My sister had breast cancer 5 years ago, and only did 3 chemotherapy treatments, she has had a cough that has gotten progressively worse for the last 18 months and now her lungs are filling up with fluid so often that they have put drains in. Pt scan shows indications for cancer in her lungs, pleura, spine, left hip and femur.

doctor said the good news is that she has the non-aggressive form of cancer.

Doctors are waiting forever to tell us what to expect. Since her husband passed 2 years ago, we will be taking her young children. We need to prepare.. How long does she have?
|

replied May 14th, 2013
hiya my dad had carcinoma cancer and i just want to no how long it takes to get seriously bad? adn what are the causes for it? he was frothing at the mouth he couldn't breath and his eyes turned black with in 3 hours:/ i didnt even no he had it and i dont think he did neitha.
|
Tags: Cancer
Quick Reply