Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

"aftershock" After Orgasm (Page 1)

Must Read
We burp, belch and fart an average of 12 times a day. But why do we have gas? And what is intestinal gas?...the basics here....
Intestinal gas forms from two main sources - swallowed air and bacteria in the intestine. Plus, learn which factors to avoid to decrease the likelihood of gas....
How much gas is normal? Usually symptoms of gas and flatulence are more bothersome than serious. But learn when you should seek help for excessive gas here....
Hello, im a guy here in the women's forum trying to find out some stuff
excuse me if I dont get very specific or seem vague, I dont really know that much about women's health to be honest

i recently had sex with my girlfriend and I was laying in bed with her and I noticed she was not really shaking, not quite twitching, but kind of like shivering I guess is the best way to describe it. I didnt ask, but she actually told me it was something called 'aftershock' but didnt really explain it that well. Im just curious if maybe anyone has a webpage or some study sites or something that gives more info, or if anyone can tell me better or describe it because its not that im like nosey or anything I just want to understand what shes going through and it really interests me as I think I will soon be on a career path to becoming a doctor.

Thanks a lot, I appreciate any feedback in my email or on this board

-chris
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper delilah
|

replied August 11th, 2003
Experienced User
Hey Guy
Hello yo,
well u got me there I have never experinced anything like that, shes eather fakeing or man shes not all there, that is one weird chic, shakeing, hmm weird, maybe a lil bit of twitching while its happening,
i dunno make her see a doc,
|

replied February 16th, 2012
its not made up, shes not weird, this is an actual true thing.
|

replied January 12th, 2014
Pretty sure this is normal. I'm a dude and it's happened to me- so I don't think it has to do with being a lady, it's just a thing that sometimes happens after orgasm- I mean your brain is getting doped up with hormones and your muscles are releasing all this tension- I've known lots of people that get this experience- it comes in kind of "waves" after you've gotten off- yeah it's a bit weird, but it also somehow seems to heighten the whole experience.
|

replied August 21st, 2003
Relax man, it just means you are pleasing her very well. Lots of women have aftershocks when they have an intense orgasm. Just keep on doing whatever you did and she'll be one happy girl!
|

replied August 31st, 2003
Relax
I wouldn't worry about it. I have had the happen on numorous occasions. It is the "power" of the orgasm. I have already had my legs shake. I would actually wobble on them when I walked. It's normal, don't get anxious about it. Like the post before me...That means you are doing a good job. Keep it up!
|

replied September 1st, 2003
Shock After Orgasm
Hello chris, I read your question concerning women having after s hock after an orgasm. I don't k now if you would actually call it after shock but after an orgasm, my body trembles during the actual orgasm, and for a few min afterwards, but I think it's because the body is so excited before, and during an orgasm that it takes awhile for it to calm down. I don't think your girlfriend is in any danger. I can only speak for myself, being a woman. I've always thought it was a normal part of sex to have these trembling feelings. The body gets so excited during foreplay, and during sex then the orgasm finally comes, and it's such a wonderful feeling when it happens that it takes a little while for the body to relax and get back to being normal again. I don't think it's anything to worry or be concerned about though unless your girlfriend is shaking excessively and for a long period of time, then maybe it should be looked into. Just thought i'd pass this along to you. Good luck in your profession as a doctor. I wish you the best.
|

replied September 11th, 2003
Good Lover
Well sweetie, I have been married for six years and I know exactly what you are talking about. Whenever my husband gives me a particularly intense orgasm I do exactly that. I bask in it. Aftershock is a great nickname. Make no mistake, she is not still orgasaming (is that a word?)she is simply re-orchestrating her fluids if you will. She isn't faking anything. No orgasm ever hurt any woman. By the way i'm also epileptic. I know all about siezures. My husband has never sent sent me into a siezure as a result of sensory overload. Now, next time it happens, congratulate yourself and go order the chinese food.
|

replied December 13th, 2007
Pat On the Back
Give yourself a pat on the back. You are giving your girl a really intense orgasm. I do it to mine everytime but some women dont even know what they are because noone has known how to give them one.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
I wouldn't even worry bout it.. It's a good thing!!! Almost everytime I make love w/ my bf, it happens 2 me 2. Sumtimes so much I can't even get up. I think it's juz away 4 ur body 2 calm down or sumthin. IDK. But Yea its a good thin!! Good Job!
|

Extremely eHealthy
yes, it exists and i've had them.....congrats!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Good job !!!!

Believe me they are awesome! She is loving it!
|

User Profile
replied February 10th, 2009
Shaking
I shake after an orgasm for about 15 min. If I make myself get up and walk I'm really shaky and wobbly. If it was a really big one I'm so weak I can barely stand up at all. I'm really useless for about 10-15 minutes after a huge orgasm. If there was a fire, I'm not sure I could force myself to run.
|

replied August 10th, 2009
aftershocks
these aftershocks can also happen hours after the actual orgasm, just thinking about what happened to your body can put a woman right back there, intense start in the pelvis, ripple up the spine and radiates out through the body. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!
|

replied January 16th, 2010
Shivering after having sex
To add to this. I too am a male and have seen this shivering with my previous girlfriend and thought it was some problem she had. Inface when we were having our foreplay otself she started shiveing and then I had to hug her tight to stop it. Didnt know why she was shivering and this happened twice.

Yesterday after having sex with my wife she said she is feeling cold and suddenly started shivering and then i related it with my past experience and though of searching about this online. Thanks guys for the information.
However she does not even know that she is having a orgasam she just starts shivering and i had to hug her and cover her with blankets to stop it.
And today morning she is not keeping well too. Is this realted? am confused now.
Yes its our initial days after our marriage and all this is new to her.
|

replied April 16th, 2010
It can be a somatic experience. twitching or closing of the legs to not allow the full orgasm to come can be a way of her body going back to a moment she was raped. from personal advice. it''s not normal and it took a long time to realize this/accept this.
|

replied May 20th, 2010
Reasons for Shaking After Orgasm
It is true that trembling can indicate that the body is excited, or unfortunately that it is remembering terrible experiences. After an orgasm trembling or feelings of being cold can occur because the internal temper in a woman's body is dropping drastically from its elevated state during an orgasm.

All three of these are possibilities, the only way to know is to ask your girlfriend how she feels. It is important to be comfortable with one another in this subject so you can communicate what is going on/understand your body's health. This is also key to emotional and mental health.

I wish the two of you happiness and health in your relationship Smile
|

replied June 30th, 2010
Every time after I have sex with my girlfriend she shakes. She can barely control her body, she has even almost fallen over. She said there is nobody that can do that to her besides me so it must just because your doing an awesome job =)
|

User Profile
replied July 28th, 2010
Trembling during sex.
I'm a lesbian and this happened to me a while back with my girlfriend. We were using ice cubes before she starting fingering me, and I've heard that the cold from the ice cube can make an orgasm more intense. I'm very confused though, because before I starting trembling I had a very uncomfortable pain. I believe it was my "cherry popping." After the pain, I pulled my girlfriend's hand away and closed my legs. I couldn't stop trembling for quite a while and I was exhausted. Can someone explain what happened?
|

replied January 5th, 2011
I am a guy whose girlfriend who is more experienced than I, said that I have been the only man to give her aftershocks where her whole body trembles 15 minutes after an orgasm. I wanted to know as well. Thanks for the info!
|

replied February 15th, 2011
aftershock, I have never heard that expression. I believe that it is normal. I have had girlfriends in the past that shake, not violently, more of a tremble after an O, if they are able to have more than one, it tends to be more intense. My girlfriend now takes a good 10 min before she is completely back. Enjoy it..She does.. Its a good time to just lay and enjoy, recooperate!
|

replied July 25th, 2011
we both tremble!
i am seeing a guy and we had sex last night and never have i had an orgasm the same time as him or any one anyone else i have been with. in fact i have never had an orgasm from intercourse alone. my legs and body was trembling but it was a good feeling....he did it too...he couldn't get up and walk for a few minutes. i do not know but it was amazing...
|
12 >>
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Andrew Rynne
User Profile
Andrew Rynne
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile