Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Third Trimester of Pregnancy Forum

36+3 Weeks, 1cm Dilated, How Soon Can I Go Into Labor?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Im so excited. I just found out,that already at 36 weeks im 1cm dilated,and my doctor could feel my little boy's head.She said it was really low. Does anyone had the same ,and how soon did you go into labor??

Im due on 21st of february.I also having bh contractions,but very irregular and also abdominal cramping.Sometimes I feel very sharp pain in my vagina,almost like pinching with sharp obeject.
It will be great if there is anyone that could help me. We are very excited.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 30th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
I am 34 weeks and 3 days, and after reading this I decided to go to the hosp lol and I too am 1cm dilated...My doctor said it isn't uncommon to stay that way for a couple weeks but some people go into labor right away...I was having contractions when I was in the hospital and when I came home but they've stopped today. I wish you luck lol I want to see this baby :( I am hoping I dont have to wait too long...Lol.
|

replied February 4th, 2006
Experienced User
Quote:
.Sometimes I feel very sharp pain in my vagina,almost like pinching with sharp obeject.

that is most likely not your vagina, but actually your cervix. It could be effacing or dilating a bit more. It's very common and normal once you hit this stage. =)
|

replied February 13th, 2006
Experienced User
I am 38 weeks pregnant and I was having contractions for 2 days straight so I went to the hospital and I was 1 cm dialated. They had me on monitors for about 5 hours and had me hooked up to fluids. I did not dialate anymore so they sent me home. Then once I got home which was 2 days ago I have not had anymore contractions..Apparently it's just our bodies still preparing for everything..Good luck to all of you=) tiffany
|

User Profile
replied November 23rd, 2007
I am 37 weeks, and also dialated to 1 cm. I went back to doc 4 days later and he said I have stayed the same. Anyone have any ideas on how to move this along! I am so miserable and this is my 4th. Thanks in advance!
|

replied November 23rd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Delainya wrote:
I am 37 weeks, and also dialated to 1 cm. I went back to doc 4 days later and he said I have stayed the same. Anyone have any ideas on how to move this along! I am so miserable and this is my 4th. Thanks in advance!

im 37 weeks and ive been 2 and 3cm for weeks
baby comes when the baby is ready
|

replied November 24th, 2007
Re: 36+3 Weeks, 1cm Dilated, How Soon Can I Go Into Labor?
happiness and love wrote:
Im so excited. I just found out,that already at 36 weeks im 1cm dilated,and my doctor could feel my little boy's head.She said it was really low. Does anyone had the same ,and how soon did you go into labor??

Im due on 21st of february.I also having bh contractions,but very irregular and also abdominal cramping.Sometimes I feel very sharp pain in my vagina,almost like pinching with sharp obeject.

How are you 36 weeks with a due date of February 21st??
|

User Profile
Supporter
tiamccoy819 wrote:

Because this post is from 2006
|

Dannzibelle wrote:
tiamccoy819 wrote:

Because this post is from 2006

Ahhh well that explains it... Embarassed Never paid attention to the date.lol
|

User Profile
replied December 25th, 2007
Well doc enduced me at 38 weeks, so I guess I was ready. Funny thing is I was already having steady contractions the day I went in for enduction. I am proud to say I had a healthy 7lb 8oz baby girl, on Dec.5th. Maddison Ann. Good luck to all Razz
|