Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Arthritis Forum

Stiff fingers

Must Read
Arthritis is the most common cause of disability in the United States. Learn more about types of arthritis here....
Do you feel pain and stiffness in your body or have trouble moving around? You might have arthritis. Learn more about arthritis signs and symptoms here....
Signs and symptoms of rheumatic diseases are common to many different diseases. Diagnose arthritis correctly using these step-by-step diagnosis instructions....
Hello,

i am 53 years old and am so frustrated and confused. About 2 months ago I started to have pain in my hands and fingers. The fingers become so stiff at night that in the morning I have to run them under hot water to get them to start moving. I went to my doc and they did several lab tests and called me today to say they were all normal. My sed rate was 2, my ra was 35, my ptt-la was 128 and my drvvt was 61. I had the results faxed to me and the last two are obviously out of the norms. I am so confused right now because I can't get in to see a rheumatologist for 3 months and know that I can't stand this pain and stiffness for that long. Is there anyone out there who could interpret these tests for me and also let me know if there is any other disease out there that would cause this pain. I also am achy all over and am exhausted all the time. I appreciate any help you can give me in this matter.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 27th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Hi there! I am sorry for your pain! I do understand what you are going through! I was diagnosed wit ddd(degenerative disc disc disease), djd(degenerative joint disease) also known as arthritis, fibromyalgia(which you to might look up some info on it, with your achiness and pain). I also was dx'd with rsd(reflex sympathetic dystrophy which is also known as crps or complex regional pain syndrome, which haas a lot to do with the neuro system), where I fall a lot and it is now practically full body pain. As for the tests, you should go over them with your Dr., I am not one and try to get something going before three months, I still keep working but I do not know for ho much longer as the pain and the brain-fog is getting worse.
Hey, what do you know, we are the same age and we are both too young to be falling apart but it does remind me of what one of my patients told me one time that is is that growing old aint for sissy's. When we found out that my dad had alzheimer's we always said that the golden years are not that great. I would talk to your dr about some pain meds or if he could send you to a pain management Dr., or do something for you, my step-grandmother and step-aunt was very crippled up with arthritis but they did darned good with it, I used to work with some kids that had juvenile arthritis and a friend of mine had it and acupuncture helped her for a while. Sometimes you just have to be a little firm with these dr's nowadays.
Good luck!
Let us know how things go!
I am here if you need someone to talk to!
|

replied January 14th, 2007
Experienced User
If you are willing to give something a try, please contact me and I will discuss some nutritional supplement options. Alternatively, I could also send you Dr. Ladd mcnamara's presentation on nutritional supplementation on cd free of charge. You could then get a doctor's perspective on how important supplements are.

He goes into detail with actual cases and patients who have had amazing results. Send me an email if you are interested in either. I'd like to help. Like I said, the cd is free, so what have you got to lose?
|

replied January 23rd, 2009
Stiff Fingers
Hi I wake up in the morning with stiff fingers and can not move them I do not know why can anyone help me?
|

replied January 25th, 2009
Experienced User
Have you been diagnosed with anything specific?
|

replied February 13th, 2009
Hello cee cee 40. I have exactly the same thing - I did have it a couple of years ago too, it seems to come and go. Confusing isnt it. I have recently joined 'lifewave' - not for this pain, but because i have tinittus! Now i have learnt how the chinese say that blocked meridians and toxins and heavy metals cause pain and disease! Soo I am into the patches and honestly(still have the pain in my fingers at this stage), but I feel soooo much better. Trouble is I will have to treat the tinittus and sore fingers seperatley! So will take some time. I dont have other sore joints, so I am thinking its the start of arthritis, which I am hoping the patches will help.
|

User Profile
replied February 19th, 2009
I also have had a terrible problem with my hands being stiff and joints swollen. Mine is arthritis. I get relief from the joint pain and stiffness from a nutritional supplement called Vemma. Contact me if you want more info. As far as addressing the lab results, I am clueless, but I wonder about your RA and liver function levels. I don't remember what the normal ranges are for them. Does anyone know? A few years ago I had Hepatitis C and my symptoms were joint pain and swelling, muscle ache and pain and extreme fatigue. I wish you luck finding and treating your problem. God Bless, Celene
|