Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Moody And Irritable

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hi everyone,

i wonder if anyone can help me! I'm 12 weeks pregnant on monday and lately I have been really moody and irritable but it seems to be mainly directed at my boyfriend. Sometimes the sight of him just really winds me up and I feel like I have to leave the room in order to calm down... Has anyone else had this and how long did it last or am I just weird??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 27th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I dont know if this is true for you or not--but I have noticed with pregnant women--myself included, that we become more unacceptable of stupid crap. Anything we might see in them that we dont want around our baby, and it just becomes disqusting. Just cant deal with stupid crap---

we begin to see with different eyes.
|

Experienced User
Yeah I know what you mean!

I love him to bits but right now I can't deal with him! Especially the cuddling and whatever.. I'm ready to scream

does it last long or am I stuck with it now?
|

Experienced User
I was the exact same way at first. After a couple months things got back to normal with us though, sometimes I still want to rip his head off or I just stand the sight of him but not as bad as it was at first...I was ready to leave. You just got to remembr how much you loved him and how things were before you got preggo.
|

Extremely eHealthy
tess b wrote:
yeah I know what you mean!

I love him to bits but right now I can't deal with him! Especially the cuddling and whatever.. I'm ready to scream

does it last long or am I stuck with it now?

seriously I think it is the neediness in him, that is affecting the way you feel--makes sense that you have a baby on the way and you need him to not be so needy. You have a baby you will have to wait on hand and foot for a lot of years, and maybe this weakness in him is really bothering you. Maybe your thinking he needs to grow up!! Just a suggestion--that is what I feel by reading your post. I hate it when mine is so needy and I will not encourage it, by petting him--if you know what I mean. And the irritability has gotten better for me too!!! Maybe I feel my getting on to him has helped??? Idk I cant be raising him too--if I have a baby to worry about--he needs to be a man and have true intentions, and not those seeking selfish gain. True motives to be my everything I need, to help me raise these children. Not some child I still have to teach and hold his hand too. Not gonna happen. No pot smokin, no "pitty pot" party's, just grow up already--i need your help???? You know????
|

Extremely eHealthy
I don't remember this in my first pregnancy....But I am 12 weeks along (farther than we thought) and I can't stand the cuddling, touching, rubbing on my belly, and every thing like that. I don't even really want to have sex right now either, my hubby and I had a very active nighttime/in bed life and now I just can't stand it.....(kind of hurts anyway)

i hope that I do get over this soon and very soon because I hate feeling this way towards my luv.

Another thing that bothers me is when I see people with their kids and all I can think is that I wouldn't do that with mine or why do they treat there kids like that.....Like I am so much better then they. It drives me crazy I just want to critisize everyone on their parenting skills. (not that I am even one yet.)

genipher
|

Im 4 and a half months pregnant and I still blow steam off at my boyfriend I just cant seem to help it my hormones are all over the place
|

Extremely eHealthy
At least we have somthing to blame it on...U know?
|

Especially eHealthy
Rubbing On My Belly...
I have the hardest time with that... I am not a touchy feely person to any extent so when I got preggy, I knew that this was a bridge I was going to have to cross one day.

I have to mentally tell myself to "back up" while these people touch my belly. I don't mind when my fiance' does it...Because it's his baby too, but it's the people that I barely know that find it 'ok' to just rub your belly. So far no one has lifted my shirt. People have asked me to see it and i'll show it to them, I just don't want them to lift it at their own will.

I am very proud of my belly. It represent the development of life that is forming inside of me. My belly is beautiful in my eyes (so far no stretchmarks!!) I am 27 weeks and love every passing day of watching my belly grow...It just a battle to live with when people constantly want to touch it!!! Lol....I'm at that point where i've just gotten over it. I've come to realize that they aren't going to stop feeling on it ot commenting on it...So I just sit back and smile!!

Sarah
|

Extremely eHealthy
I don't like people touching my tummy either. My sister is the same way when it comes to her little cutie pie jayleen. People think its ok to touch the belly and the baby.....Wonder why that is. (it's mostly old people too)
|

replied January 30th, 2006
Experienced User
Thank you guys so much I feel almost normal now!! Hahaha

i have spoke to him about it and pretty much said look i'm sorry I feel this way but I can't be done with the constant cuddling etc, give me my own space for a bit and i'll be fine, he is really understanding about it!! :d
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Hehe, my doc told my bf that the 1st and 3rd tri are the worst and we are allowed to be b*tchy. My son is 7 1/2 months old and I am still moody and irritable-lol my excuse is lack of sleep now-lol
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Lol jess

I luv my hubby to bits but it feels as if he is in my face all the time, I hate it, I have been biting my tongue lately cause hes a great guy but sometimes I cant and I say mean things but its part of the pregnancy. With elisa I was just a happy camper and now im just a big !**@! lol!! Like you said just asking for space is the best thing you can do I have had to a few times cause I told hubby I wasnt feeling great and I just wanted to be left alone and most times he was okay with it

good luck~!~
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
It's definitely par for the course, if you know what I mean. 1st trimester I .H.A.T.E.D my husband sometimes. Like I wanted to divorce him and move out of the house. I think it was just the hormones magnifying the things I already didn't like about him. I didn't want him to touch me either. But that had a lot more to do with the fact that I felt like crap every single day and I couldn't stand the weight of his hands on my tummy. Now the touching and belly rubbing doesn't bother me any (well into second trimester will enter third in 3 wks). My mom says it'll all start again soon. Just relax we'll all be normal again someday (i hope :lol: ). Besides it's really great to be able to not have to do things that we don't want to do and blame hormones! Enjoy this time!
|