Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Bleeding While On the Pill

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
Hi everyone,
im in need of some advice. I had a baby about 7 months ago and I started on the pill almost straight away as I didnt want to get pregnant again. My first three months I was bleeding like a normal period, I spoke to the doctor and he said that it was normal and is because my hormones are everywhere after having a baby. Well I have kept taking it right through skipping my sugar tablets as I didnt want my period back for at least a month or 2.
Well after the first 3 months the bleeding subsided, then I missed a pill and got my period almost straight away I decided to come off the pill for a couple of days to let my body have like a normal bleed. This worked fine and the bleeding stopped within a couple of days. Unfortunately I mucked up the next month and you guessed it got bleeding again. I started the pack at the start of jan and decided I would take it at the same time everyday, the bleeding stopped and was good for 3 days then I got it back again and it has been going since tuesday with no signs of stopping.
Do you think this is because the pill I am taking is too weak for my body or is it because I didnt take it correctly for the last 3 months.
I have never had these problems before and the bleeding all the time even while I still keep taking the pill is driving me nuts.
Should I stop taking it for a couple of days and restart?
Please any advice would really help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|