Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

I Am Very Young And My Body Is Sending Off This Rotten Smell

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Have u ever had this problem?
yes
no
41%  41%  [ 7 ]
58%  58%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 17
:oops:
normally my period lasts for 6 days, this time it lasted 3 days. Ever since my period stopped, I have been releasing this very warm and very thin brown liquid. It smells so putrid, like something rotten not fishy. My sisters said everywhere I go the smell seems to follow. It is a very strong scent and the own smell of my body is making me sick. My room smells like me even when im gone. My underwear is stained brown and my pants are always damp. I have no clue whats wrong and I desperatly want to find an answer. I a virgin and not sexually active. I am wearing a tampon to lighten the smell and keep my pants dry. Just talking about this is so gross.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 26th, 2006
Experienced User
Hey hun, I have never had this problem, nor have I ever heard of this problem. I would go to your doctor to find out what's going on. It doesn't sound like anything really serious, but you could have an infection of some sort. Bacterial vaginosis is very common, and if this is what you have, your doctor will prescribe an antibiotic that you apply with an applicator. But I would advise that you just go to your doctor to get this resolved. ;-)
|

replied January 26th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I would go to .Dr immediately. This is pretty certain to be something serious. Needs attention, and possible antibiotics .A.S.A.P
|

replied January 27th, 2006
Experienced User
Don't let fatfamily scare you. Just go to the doctor and I can assure you everything will be fine. Like I said, it's probably just a bacterial infection, and antibiotics should clear it up. Let us know how everything goes!
|

Not a Huge Prob.
I do not think you should worry. This is probably just a yeast infection. These are common and can be treated with medication. Do not take a med. You get from the drug store. See your female doctor. :>

many woman have quirky things like this often//// I do
|

Extremely eHealthy
fatfamily02 wrote:
i would go to .Dr immediately. This is pretty certain to be something serious. Needs attention, and possible antibiotics .A.S.A.P
|

Experienced User
Um, why did you repost that? I'm pretty sure she read it the first time.
|

Extremely eHealthy
fatfamily02 wrote:
i would go to .Dr immediately. This is pretty certain to be something serious. Needs attention, and possible antibiotics .A.S.A.P
|

replied August 22nd, 2006
Don't Be Mean
Don't be so mean this young girl is obviously very concerned. It is probably bacterial vaginosis and it can be treated with a course of antibiotics. It somes comes back though so maybe make a few changes to your diet to keep it away for good
|

replied August 12th, 2008
im not an expert fo this stuff and ive never actually heard of it .. but cystitus causes a bad smell i know its not that but it may link to having a infection in your bladdder.

sorry its a weird comment.
|

replied August 28th, 2008
hey hun
when you have lait periods it could be the blood inside you is getting old. and when you do get it your body has to get rid of it so it lets it go. like when some ones gets cut and you wipe it with a tissue the tissue will get brown after a while. the blood is losing the brightness thats all. does this brown last for more then six days? is it the same thikness of period blood?
|

replied August 30th, 2008
Go to the ER (Emergency Room)

This is NOT normal and is cause for serious concern.
|
Quick Reply