Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acne and Skin Disorders Forum

Sauna And Steam Room

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
Does going in to a sauna or steam room help cleaning your zits?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 11th, 2003
Experienced User
I've heard both ways, but in my opinion--it depends on the person. Yes in that some bodies' heat causes sweat and stress. No in that heat is actually good for condensing and moisturizing the skin.

Patrick Smile
|

replied September 3rd, 2003
What I Heard
From what I understand, hot water and steam are good if you are clean. Dermatologists suggest that you wash your face before you take a shower because the heat and steam open your pores and allow the dirt to slide right it. So I would suggest if you're going to steam, wash your face then take a shower, and then steam....Ha ha ha ...Sounds like a lot of work. Good luck!-
|

replied March 21st, 2006
Steam And Saunas
Steam and heat has really helped me with my skin. I went crazy and bought a steam shower and it has been great. The steam really seems to keep the dirt out of the pores and my skin is not all dry from the cold winter air. It's really great. :!:
|

replied March 25th, 2008
Acne is caused by dead skin cells that get trapped in the skin follicles, and being in a hot sauna will help to open up those skin follicles and allow the body to sweat out all of the acne. It is recommended to sit in a sauna for twenty minutes a day. It only works for some people as every person is different.
|

User Profile
replied March 25th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
Well, heat helps open your pores. Do you have a bad case of ance, though? Or just a few zits?
|

replied August 27th, 2008
Saunas are great for skin disorders
A few sauna sessions will not only open your pores it cleans them out. There's a ton of other reasons why saunas are great too
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov