Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Have You Ever Broken Your Own Hymen? (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Right now i'm a virgin and have no desire whatsoever to have some damn penis break my hymen.

Basically,i just want to get this !**@! over with and find and alternative way for my hymen to break.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper kristigraham
|

replied January 28th, 2006
Experienced User
Try a tampon..
|

User Profile
replied January 28th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Have You Ever Broken Your Own Hymen?
ava_adore wrote:
right now i'm a virgin and have no desire whatsoever to have some damn penis break my hymen.

Basically,i just want to get this !**@! over with and find and alternative way for my hymen to break.

can I ask why you want it broke..? I've never heard of anyone wanting to break their own
|

replied January 30th, 2006
Experienced User
Yes ive broke my own hymen when I was like 12 I think and I was in ballet for 8 years and then just one day I jumped in the air and landed in the splits just like I had before but then I felt pain and went to the bathroom and there was blood and I did not start my period until about 4 mos later.
|

replied February 7th, 2006
Experienced User
Well i've been having sex for a couple months and I swear my hymen never broke (just stretched). So if I go a week without sex, it still hurts a little to put it in. As long as your first time is with a guy that goes slow and gentle its not too bad.
|

replied May 2nd, 2008
hi
hey i have the same problem.
i want to have sex with my bf
but what if he thinks its gross?
cuz off the blood..=/
we are both virgins.
|

replied April 25th, 2012
Don't worry!
if he thinks it's gross then he isn't ready for sexual activity. Blood is perfectly normal, every guy should be prepared for blood on their first time. No worries!
|

replied May 2nd, 2008
i wanna break my own hymen.
how do i know i have one though?
alot of people dont.
|

User Profile
replied September 15th, 2008
Experienced User
Wow, I was the same way.

If you don't want a penis to break it then whats the rush of breaking it, Sex is something special you share with someone. If you are nervous about having sex and it being painful don't worry if you love them you wont feel a thing. All you feel is pressure.

if your worried about the bleeding it's nothing major its spotting and you only see it when you pee then wipe(that is how it was for me and many of my friends)

All women have hymens (the cherry) ha ha so don't think you are lucky to not have one! People who believe they don't have them are a little silly and obviously have not broken them just yet.
|

User Profile
replied August 14th, 2012
I dont have a hymen.
I am 17 year old and i grew up in a obsessive family who never let me leave the house. All contact i have with the world is by internet.

I had my period regularly and i never used tampons. I started fingering myself when i was 13 and I never bleed and once i started using vibrator i could always hit my cervix.

I dont have a hymen and I am sure I am not the only one.
|

User Profile
replied September 16th, 2008
Experienced User
^^^^ referring to the post above.
My last statement may or may not be true.

I have seen on here that maybe women think that we don't ALL have Hymens. I was under the impressions as women we all have one! I know that some women have very stubborn hymens and ones that will not break but very unsure if all women have it!

Sorry. Just wanted to clear that up haha
|

replied February 27th, 2012
i don't no if i'm a virgin right now because one night i was feeling horny so i take my hairbrush and play with myself the next thing i now i was bleeding...............
i was 15 then,i'm 17 and i have a bf,i told him that i'm a virgin
|

replied February 27th, 2012
Community Volunteer
Of course you are still a virgin. Being a virgin means you did not have a penis inside your vagina. You cannot take your virginity yourself, not even by masturbating with your hair brush.

Your hymen might have torn when you masturbated that way. It does however not have anything to do with your virginity.

Please be careful with your boyfriend. Do not feel like you have to have sex. Do it because you want to, are ready and prepared.

Take care!
|

replied June 18th, 2012
Actually, they do the hymens sometimes break at a young age. It is possible that it can break by simply riding a bike or even a childhood fall. But, some women have a hard time getting theirs to break. Because they are so flexible. And they all dont look alike. There are a few different types/shapes.
|

replied June 18th, 2012
Actually, they do the hymens sometimes break at a young age. It is possible that it can break by simply riding a bike. But, some women have a hard time getting theirs to break. Because they are so flexible. And they all dont look alike. There are a few differwnt types.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Re: Have You Ever Broken Your Own Hymen?
ava_adore wrote:
Right now i'm a virgin and have no desire whatsoever to have some damn penis break my hymen.

Basically,i just want to get this caca over with and find and alternative way for my hymen to break.

hi ava...i think maybe you should contemplate this for a while before deciding what to do. from the looks of your other posts, you have some things going on in your life that you need to focus on other than whether or not your hymen is broken.

while i do understand your sentiment, and your logic, i think that there may be some underlying issues that you need to deal with and get beyond before you consider having any kind of a cherry-breaking event.

i'm here to talk with you about this if you want. many of us are here for you. please talk with us and don't feel the need to do something rash like taking your own virginity. again, like i said, i can understand the logic and the sentiment, but you have a lot going on for one girl and i think you need to work through some of those issues one-at-the-time.

jasmine
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Re: ^^^^ referring to the post above.
SmilesandSunshine wrote:
My last statement may or may not be true.

I have seen on here that maybe women think that we don't ALL have Hymens. I was under the impressions as women we all have one! I know that some women have very stubborn hymens and ones that will not break but very unsure if all women have it!

Sorry. Just wanted to clear that up haha

Nope, not every woman is born with a hymen. A majority of women lose their hymen by just being active. For most it's not painful and like you said, there's barely any blood, so most women don't even realize its already gone. Smile

Boomshaka, there isn't a lot of blood involved with losing your virginity. As long as there's a lot of foreplay, lots of lubrication, and you can relax, then you'll have a painless first time with no blood. If for some reason there is blood, your bf would be a toad to tell you it was gross. You can check for your hymen with your fingers or a mirror, but some women have less hymen tissue than others, so you may not be able to see it.
|

replied September 23rd, 2008
so if i do ballet and the splits does it means that my hymen is broken?is there a possiblity that is not?i started ballet at the age of 16.
|

replied April 12th, 2009
use your fingers and be gentle till u shove it all in then your good to go.
|

replied April 13th, 2009
when i lost my virginity i did not experience any bleeding, however i did feel some pain. does that mean i don't have a hymen or it didn't break? i have been sexually active for a year, every time i have sex, it hurts when he goes in.....any suggestions? thanks
|

replied May 16th, 2009
well im a virgin and i have never had sex but i use to masturbate alot so im not sure if i have my hymen but i dont think i have.. my family would be ashamed because a girl is only virgin if her hymen is still there.. but i think mine is not there anymore so now im in trouble lol.. but my family are quite strict. but now im scared to even tell anyone or even tell my boyfriend because he only wants to marry me if i have a hymen and if i bleed during 1st time sex... so im just praying that i bleed or im literally dead lol.
|

replied May 30th, 2010
Shazj786 wrote:
well im a virgin and i have never had sex but i use to masturbate alot so im not sure if i have my hymen but i dont think i have.. my family would be ashamed because a girl is only virgin if her hymen is still there.. but i think mine is not there anymore so now im in trouble lol.. but my family are quite strict. but now im scared to even tell anyone or even tell my boyfriend because he only wants to marry me if i have a hymen and if i bleed during 1st time sex... so im just praying that i bleed or im literally dead lol.

Shzaj786, if it ever becomes an issue let him/them know that hymen breaking upon intercourse is NOT the norm, as it more often wears down or stretches before or because of sex (and pain or blood during sex doesn't necessarily have to do with the hymen). The hymen has a hole in it, and doesn't even completely surround the vaginal enterance in most women. And if a hymen is broken, it's not like the tissue comes out, is it? It's not exactly 'lost'.

The idea that a girl is only a virgin if her hymen is intact is pretty silly. Don't let that kind of useless expectation get you down.
|

replied July 10th, 2010
If you have never had sexual intercourse then you are a virgin, whether your hymen is intact or not. You cannot take your own virginity by breaking your own hymen.
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied July 9th, 2011
haymen
I always believed I was going to stay virgin until I got married. Two weeks before my wedding I had sex with my fiance. But there was no bleeding. But I felt uncomfortable, may be because it was my first time. But anyway my fiance thought I wasn't a virgin. I told him that I never had sex with a man before. He didn't listen to me because he didn't see any blood!!! I was very angry because in my family culture it's a shame. I felt like nobody can believe me. I had a littel knowlege about women's hymen can break without sex.But none from my family or my fiance can understand.
Now we are married and have two children. After our first night together my husband still thinks that I should admit I slept with another man before him. Therefore, he thinks that I lie in other things too. I'm so tired of it. I don't know what to do.
|
12 >>