Medical Questions > Womens Health > Fertility Forum

How Long You Had Chlamydia For? Result? (Page 1)

Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....
I just got my test results and I got chlamydia that i'm currently being treated for. I will not be trying to get pregnant for maybe another year and I was wondering if I can get some replies to see for how long someone has had it and were you able to get pregnant?

I've had it for about 2 years. I know everyone's body is different, but anyone knows how long it takes on average to get a significant damage done that would lead to infertility (assuming that by now it turned into pid). Thank you very much for taking time to answer!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper divvy
|

replied January 26th, 2006
About a year ago I learned I had chlamydia and took the tablets and got rid of it but I must have had it for around six years without knowing and I have been on infertility treatments for years. Tomorrow morning I am actually about to have my first two embryos transfered from my first ivf cycle. If you have trouble conceiving for twelve months get help right away - I waited and it's taken me seven years to get this far. Hope all goes well.

Brie
|

replied February 25th, 2012
I have so many questions did u ever have kids did u take fertility pills
|

replied January 26th, 2006
Thank you! And best of luck to you!
Btw, can you tell me how you've been treated for chlamydia? My doc gave only 4 pills to take at once in 1 day and come back for a follow up test in 3 weeks. Doesn't sound like enough... Or should it be? Thanks!
|

replied January 19th, 2012
Well when i had my std for about a month and ahalf if that long the dr gave me something to drink that looks like lemon aide. I had to wait 7days b4 having sex this was back when i was 16 im now about to be 23. And im not pregnant yet. Idk wat to do but i've also been on and off birth control depo shots and pills. Could this be the reason why?
|

replied April 29th, 2013
I was given a suspended antibiotic. I had to mix the antibiotic into a glass of water and drink it. Only one dose. Since Chlamydia is very sensitive to the antibiotics used to treat it, you only need one dose!
|

replied April 29th, 2013
I was given a suspended antibiotic. I had to mix the antibiotic into a glass of water and drink it. Only one dose. Since Chlamydia is very sensitive to the antibiotics used to treat it, you only need one dose!
|

replied July 27th, 2006
Hi spybg, I am in exactly the same situation as you, I cannot be sure how long I had chlymidia for as was in relationship for 2 and a half years..But am absolutely petrified about being infertile..Can I ask you what your symptoms were? As some ppl don't have any...Also I was tested for pid and I didn't have it, so you may not have had it either. I know somebody who had chlymidia and then went on to have a baby, and there is I think 75% chance we will be ok, but it depends on how long you have had it I think..I wish there was a test that could tell you how severe the damage was..I know there is a test called a laperoscomy whereby they insert a dye into your fallopian tubes to see if there is a blockage, but they only do this after you have been trying to conceive for 12 months or longer. Were your (or anybody in a similar sit) periods normal? Cos my were, and stil are very iregular, but i'm not sure whether that is related to the sti or bcos I was on the pill for 5 years...If there is anyone out there who has had chlymidia or knows someobody who has and gone on to have a baby please say as I am feeling so very worried at the moment, my only dream in life is to have baby.
|

replied June 12th, 2011
MY HUSBAND HAD IT FOR A YEAR BEFORE HE FOUND OUT ABOUT IT,THE DOCTORS HE SEEN TOLD HIM HE'LL NEVER HAVE KIDS AGAIN! CAUSE OF THE DAMAGE THAT WAS DONE TO HIS BODY. BUT 4YEARS LATER I'VE BEEN PREGANAT TWICE BY HIM...SO I GUESS IT TAKES TIME FOR YOUR BODY...GOOD LUCK!
|

replied April 11th, 2012
i jus got a call from my doctor yesturday saying that i have Chlamydia and this is the second time that i have it im jus praying that i can have kids in the future.......
|

replied October 20th, 2011
I am eighteen and I didnt know I had it, and I have only had it for about six months and i too am petrified of being infertile, so I feel like If I eve do become pregnant anytime soon that this would all just be a nighmare and a miracle, but I can tell you that I have had multiple hospital visits due to Dysmeneria which is caused by infections in the vagina normal infections, but more than usually because of the STD, but I have been trying and so far nothing really, I tried again this month and am still waiting a couple more weeks, now I know I am still young but If I am able to say I have gave birth to a child I woul dbe very relief and emotional, because Infertility wa always and is always running thru my head! SATY STRONG! HAVE FAITH!
|

replied February 10th, 2009
hi im in a similar position...4 years ago i was treated for chlamydia. I not sure how long i had it but was definatly between 1yr and 3years. I stopped taking my pill 18months ago and although we haven't been trying hard to conceive we have been doing it around the right time of cycle. periods are very irregualr should i seek help??? i really want a baby
|

replied May 27th, 2009
Same Situation
I just found out I have chlamydia. I have no idea how long I have had it, but it could be up to a year... I had similar symtoms to thrush and thought thats all it was. I am only 18 and am told this is a time when most damage can be done. I am so scared about my future. Now I haveto wait 6 weeks for the pill to work...
|

replied June 9th, 2009
I'm called Jasmine and I've had Clap for aaround four month at maxx, I'm only 17 n i h8 to think of the consiquences that it is having on my body. The hospital say they cannot check my body to see if its having any effects on my body, and they say they cannot check my fertility untill i am ready to concieve which is totally unfair. Could anyone let me know if they have suffered from it for longer than this and they have still managed to make a baby?
xx
|

replied June 27th, 2009
i had it for about 1-2 years not sure which bf.. what's worse is I only had sex 3 times TOTAL(in my entire life) and caught it with a condom.

I'm terrified that it scarred me up.. not sure if it did or not. My periods are pretty regular actually. Which makes me feel good since the ones that said they were having trouble conceiving were having irregular periods.

My symptoms well.. I'm not sure if I had any since I had a really bad UTI at the sametime I had it...it's what got be scared and got me checked out after I found out my ex bf was a hooch.

I also have a inverted uterus so I'm having difficulty conceiving because of that but am hoping with my next doctor visit I can get some tests done.
|

replied October 2nd, 2011
I just found out someone I recently had sex with got chlamydia. Which means he got it from me. I heard u have to fill out q paper with 6 months of sex history. I don't mind filling it out but does that mean they're going to contact ny past partner's or is that left up for me to do???
|

replied July 20th, 2009
Yeah thats a long time to have it only thing u can really do is wait and see when the time comes if you get preggo! Stay positive!
|

replied October 2nd, 2009
I've just been diagnosed too, just got swabs taken just in case when i was having my smear test done and it came back positive. have no idea how long i've had it. could be years, and i've had no symptoms either
|

replied October 5th, 2009
hi, i am 22 yrs. old i think i had chlamydia for bout 6 months and the crazy part about my story is i tested postive for it but .. my partner tested negative! how does that happen? than go back for a follow and tested positive again. I was very very upset. could they have messed his test up? I feel if its such a big problem in the world, u should be able to go to the store and by something to knock it out. it should be put it vitamins or something. In my opinion, the steps to treatment for this virus is not lowering the percentage of people who catch it and its ruining peoples lifes forever.To me its just too serious to be shrugged off.
|
Users who thank serious22 for this post: SammiieeSamSam 

User Profile
replied May 25th, 2012
his penis is probably too short to reach your infected areas hahaha just playing but don`t worry (: he`s safe (: take one for the team
|

replied April 29th, 2013
Chlamydia is not a virus, its a bacteria. The reason they do not have antibiotics available in stores, or in vitamins is so they can fight resistance of the bacteria. The reason more antibiotic resistant bacteria is out there is because of people over using or misusing antibiotics. People can not abuse the antibiotics if doctors only give them to people who test positive for the infection. If Chlamydia becomes resistant to the antibiotics used to treat it, then were down a creek without a paddle and there will be an overwhelming increase of Chlamydia cases all over the world and more lives ruined.

Also, there is always potential to mess up tests. But a lot of what i see are false positives rather than false negatives. DId you actually see your partners tests?
|

replied October 19th, 2009
CHLAMYDIA, BLOATING, LATE PERIOD, FISSURE
I'm hoping someone could help me please! I had Chlamydia and I noticed symptoms 4 weeks ago and on the 1st week of symptoms, I started my treatment. My husband did also. But now I haven't gotten my period for 3 weeks and I have severe bloating and some pain from time to time...I also had a fissure which is healing now, thank God. Does anyone know what this is?
|

replied April 29th, 2013
sometimes Chlamydia causes Pelvic inflammatory disease(PID). If you have pelvic pain, you should probably get that checked, as it could be life threatening and could seriously increase risk of infertility.
|

replied October 22nd, 2009
Hi cmehat.

I contracted chlamydis goodness knows when but I'm having the same symptons as you are. Really bloated and really bad cramps, usually in the evening. I dont know whethere this is PID or the pills havent worked or what?
So I'm considering going back to the clinic, unless anyone has an answer, just to double check. I might ask to be tested for PID as well.
If you hear anything please could you let me know?
Cheers
|

User Profile
replied November 7th, 2009
i had it to =(
i'm 22yrs and i had Chlamydia few months back idk how i got it! if
i havent been with anyone but my bf, we've been off like 6 yrs and i only had one bf and it was like 2 1/2years and i just found out that i have it and my bf doesnt have it im really surpise he doesnt havent since we are having sex all the time.
im so confuse and now i found out that i might not be able to have kids. this is such a harsh world =(
i've always wanted to have a baby and now im not sure it can happen.
|

replied November 22nd, 2009
can i still get pregnant after having clamydia for a long time
i had clamydia for two yrs i took the antibiotic so did my boyfriend i asked my doctor if i could still get pregnant he said there was a 50% chance of getting pregnant that broke my heart! so now were going to try some fertility treatment so we can conceive but a good advise!!! if u suspect your parter is cheating on u make him wear a condom or if u just got a new sex parter both of u go get test for stds maybe once 3 months that'll help u if u dont want to be like me and all this girls!!!
|

replied November 23rd, 2009
positive for chlamydia with no symptoms along with pcos
Im 23 years old I went to the gyno to get tested for infertility because my husband and i have been ttc for 3 years and no luck. the did the swabs and it came back positive for chlamydia. I have no idea how long I have had it and I never had symptoms. I have struggled with irregular periods and weight gain for the last 5 years so they did blood work also. The blood worked shows I have poly cystic ovarian syndrome which means I dont ovulate. they are starting me on clomid next month for that. but i am so scared that i still may never be able to have children because not only does chlamydia cause infertility so does pcos. double whammy. does anyone else have the same problem?
|

replied September 3rd, 2011
I am 22 and been told I have chlamydia. I must of had for around 5 years cos I have only been with my now husband in that time. I also polycystic ovaries and we cannot get pregnant. I'm so worried I have pid but I'm not sure.
|

replied January 17th, 2012
Hoping you're a mummy
I am in exactly the same position as you. Sad Did you ever manage to conceive?
|

replied February 8th, 2012
I have both & just got pregnant for the 1st time at 29 years old. Keep the faith.
|

replied April 30th, 2012
i am also 22 and just got treated for Chlamydia in feb. ive been with my now husband since i was 18 so im not sure how long ive had it. i also have pcos and have been ttc for 3 yrs now. my drs and nurses dont take us seriously bc we are so young. the first 2 yrs they told us to try natural methods. im trying to convince my dr to give us real treatment
|

replied December 5th, 2009
I was pregnant when I found out I had chlamydia, got treated and had my baby with no problems. A year and a half after I had my baby I got pregnant again and had no problems.
|

replied December 22nd, 2009
I am 21 years old with a perfect little daughter, but was unaware when i fell with her i had Chlamydia i got through the pregnancy, however this was 2 and a half years ago, i got the treatment but it didnt work and clear the infection, me and my new partner recently found out we where expecting, i lost the baby due to Chlamydia and we got it treated again and fell pregnant again and lost the second baby
|

replied January 26th, 2010
i found out i had clymidia about a month ago me and my partner both got tested i was positive he was clear. i got it from my ex who got me pregnant over a year ago. i had tests done at hospital when i lost the baby at 8 weeks gone, and they were clear. the pregnancy hid the clymidia. i have told my ex and he doesnt care as his got another child now, im not worried about him im worried about his gf and the baby. but anyways like i said my new partner was clear and i had it, we have both been treated now and have to get tested again in 3 weeks time from now, we have been trying for a baby but obv this is the reason i wasnt falling. i have been having irregular periods for about 2 months b4 i found out i had the std. i have had blood tests and am waiting for the results. the lady that told me i had the std said it was a very mild case of it, i have been late for my periods and then about after a week late i come on. so im wondering was i pregnant and just loosing them coz of the std or is it something more like i cant have kids, i am waiting for the results and were hopin they come back good.
|

replied February 1st, 2010
sex nomore
hi iv had the clap 3 time n im 18 . i got it off a cheating ex bf i didnt think he would cheat we had been together for almost 2 n ahalf years . when we got tested mine come back positve n his didnt show up all 3 time im so worryed that im never gonna have kids !! i didnt get any symptoms just really bad period pain for the 1st 2 days ... wel i dnt even have sex anymore im to worred i will get it again !!!
|