Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

White Bump On Lip

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
I have developed this little white wart looking thing on my lower lip in the last few months. I can't bite it off and its driving me nuts. Does anyone have any idea what it is??? My ex bf used to have one but I never asked him what it was... Any suggestions?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper kitkat24
|

replied February 16th, 2006
Me Too! :(
I have had it for over a year now. What's weird about it is that it is completely painless. Since it has been there, I noticed it changes in size periodically; it comes and goes but it's only big (about the size of a sesame seed) once in a great while and it only stays big for a period of about 12 hours. All I could find online is that it could be a cyst. I thought it would eventually go away but it hasn't so I think only a dermatologist can help me now. :?
|

replied May 1st, 2006
That never happened to me but I think you should see a skin doctor for that. They have all the answers and they'll look take a closer look at it.
|

replied October 7th, 2009
Experienced User
I just found thatI have white bumps on my heel. Upper part side and back. What is this all about?
|

replied November 15th, 2012
White Bump on Lips
removal of the white bump on your lip must be surgically done. Or so my Doctor told me. There is a laser surgical procedure that will remove the bump.
|

replied September 3rd, 2013
5 or 6 months ago I randomly started getting small tears in the corners of my mouth, it was very painful, I couldn't eat anything and it took forever for them to heal. Once they would heal the tears would come right back, that went on for a a few months. I even woke up one morning to my top lip completely swollen like a bug had bit it or something. My lips have been sensitive to everything I eat and a lot of foods would burn my lips. I started using a&d ointment to help the tears in the corners and that would heal them in just a couple days and they stopped coming back BUT the skin on my lips started breaking and peeling off in big chunks. I would get cracks that would bleed almost everywhere on my mouth then it would heal and all the skin on my lips would peel off. It got to the point where I wouldn't have any creases in my lips it was just flat raw skin, then that would heal for a day and happen all over again and I ALWAYS ALWAYS have flem in my throat. Now about a month or 2 ago my mouth started getting what looked like 3rd degree burns all over my lips and it hurts, burns and tingles. Lately these burns and white pus filled bumps have been coming back exactly once every week on a monday night or tuesday morning. I've been seeing a doctor and he tested my blood and swabbed the pus coming out of the bumps on my lips. I do not have herpes and he's prescribed me anti viral medication called valacyclovir that didn't help at all and mupirocin ointment to put on my lips twice daily. neither have helped except the ointment keeps my lips moisturized better than chap stick was so my lips don't peel as much in between outbreaks. I showed my doctor a picture of one of the worst outbreaks I had so far and he said he's never seen an outbreak like that so at this point he wants to keep trying all these different creams till we find the right one but I can't do that anymore, I NEED piece of mind, I NEED to know exactly what is wrong. What if it's something serious and he isn't testing for the right thing.
|
Tags: skin
Quick Reply