Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Why Do I Feel Full?

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
A few months ago I bought a weight machine and started working out. I did allot of stomach exercises. After awhile I started noticing that after I ate what I normally eat I was real bloated, might last 1 or 2 days, well I thought that because I was exercising that my abdominal muscles made my stomach smaller, so maybe I wouldn't be able to eat as much as I used to. I stopped exercising ate smaller meals but the problem is getting worse. (today) 24 hours ago I ate dinner I am still full. Here are some other things that I noticed. Pain lower left under rib so bad at times that itwould cause me to gasp. I received a back massager for christmas (one that vibrates) and when I used it, it makes the pain come back, so if I vibrate my back it makes my pain come back. I can touch my rib and it will be sore. I have always had trouble with heartburn I just try to avoid the food and drinks that make it happen. So I have this feeling that I just ate 2 large pizza's with a dull pain on the left side lower rib with an occasional sharp pain, anybody have an idea?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 24th, 2006
I have suffered from a petic ulcer in the past, and that felt like being full despite not eating.

Does the pain come in waves that last for an hour+ and does it go away if you lie or sit a certain way?

Does it go away if you take ant-acids? (heartrburn tablets)

in anycase, not eating for long periods wont do you any good. Stop any exercise for 48 hours at least and see if it improves, other than that hot foot it to your doctors
|

replied February 10th, 2006
Hi ernst,

a few days ago I saw a tv programme in which the woman cannot eat well because she continously feels full, the psychiatrist put it down to anxiety attacks; apparently the anxiety causes a physical reaction in which the stomach would fill with extra stomach acid, giving the sensation of being bloated, it happens to me too, I find myself frequently burping for no apparent reason.
But I have to say that this may not be the case for you, it could be something completely different.
|

replied February 17th, 2006
Stomach Problems
What do you do when your stomach feels bloated and full of air it is ver y uncomfortable? Help
|

replied February 19th, 2006
Experienced User
I have this feeling of being bloated or soemthing is stuck in my sternum area of my upper stomach. Its awful I cannot sit down calmly because its sorta "in the way" and causes discomfort. Today it popped almost as I leant forward and I felt a shiver or bolt go through my body.. Thought iu was gonne faint or die.. Massive 1 hour panic attack followed at 3 in the morning.. I am only now starting to calm down. Horrrible.
|