Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Blood Disorders Forum

Hemoglobin (hgb)count Is 8.5

Must Read
Have you just been diagnosed with anemia? Learn how doctors define anemia...plus more information on what causes anemia and who is at risk of developing anemia....
Anemia is caused by a range of diseases and conditions. Learn which factors contribute to anemia and how you can avoid some of the risk factors of anemia here....
Anemia can make you feel tired. But what other some other signs of anemia? Click here for more on anemia complications and when you should seek medical help....
What happens if your hemoglobin (hgb)count is 8.5 ? What is too low??
Is this too low...And when do you have to really worry??
What should you be doing or not doing?
Any info would be appreciated!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Anoninireland
|

replied January 23rd, 2004
Anemia
Don't know much about your situation by at this time my blood count is 8.9 and this is low for me according to my hemotologist. I have been as low as 4.1 and had to be amitted to the hospital back in aug. I am getting ready to have my spleen removed in feb. And trying to get my counts up. I am on 50 mg. Of prednisone which to me is poison!!!! Lol

have u seen your doctor? What does he suggest? Good luck Laughing
|

replied December 22nd, 2008
HGB 18.8
What does it mean when the HGBis 18.8 and What is the risk if it is too high?
|

replied February 8th, 2011
http://www.medical-library.net/cbc_red_blo od_cells.html
This is an excellent webpage and explains all of this. Basically, if you're an adult male, normal is between 13 and 18 and, if you're an adult female, normal is between 12 and 16. This is the hemoglobin count (which affects the amount of iron in your blood). A count under 5 can cause heart failure (which is why you were hospitalised) and a count over 20 can cause clogged capilliaries. But ask your GP!
|

replied August 29th, 2011
hemoglobin
my hemoglobin is 6.7. for past 2 yrs it is not increasing frm 8.
|

replied August 29th, 2011
hemoglobin
my hemoglobin is 6.7. for past 2 yrs it is not increasing frm 8.
|
Quick Reply