Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Hi

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Hi. My name is mary, and I have a silly question, im 34 years old, and I have 2 children, I had my tubes cut and burned about 4 years ago, and and me and my husband still did the pull out method, I guess we were still kind of in that mode of believing I could still egt pregnant I guess, and we have done it that way for so long, but I finally gave in into letting him cum in me for the first time in four years of the procedure, my period was due the 20th of this month , in which im almost 2 days late, I have irregular periods anyway due to my thyroid, so im not concered with that, and my doctor says theirs no going back, to having kids, so what are my chances of getting pregnant? Please help. From mary
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 23rd, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
When I got my tubes tied, I had heard many women who make a new path thru the tied tubes at around 10-14 years, and it was pretty common. But in your case with it tied and burned I do not know what the chances of it happening are. Do you want to be? Or are you worried you might get that way?? Just curious
|

Experienced User
Hello
No not really, but I guess if were gods will, I guess it would be a miracle if so, I would still except it no matter what, ive heard alot of woman having to get reversal , to get pregnant again, but my tubes have been cut and burned, so I dont know the chances. I need your opinion.
|

Extremely eHealthy
webmed wrote:
tubal ligation and tubal implants are not 100% effective at preventing pregnancy.

Tubal ligation. There is a slight risk of becoming pregnant after tubal ligation. This happens to about 5 per 1,000 women after 1 year. After a total of 10 years following tubal ligation, about 18 per 1,000 women will have become pregnant.3
pregnancy may occur if:
the tubes grow back together or a new passage forms (recanalization) that allows an egg to be fertilized by sperm. Your health professional can discuss which method of ligation is more effective for preventing tubes from growing back together.
The surgery was not done correctly.
You were pregnant at the time of surgery.
|

Experienced User
Ok
So are my chances of not getting pregnant are almost 0%?
|

replied January 24th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Tubal And Pregnancy
Your chances of getting pregnant from a cut and burn tubal are slim and none from everything I have read!
|