Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Anal Smell / Anal Muscles - Not Wind (Page 1)

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
Ok... So this is the most embarresing thing I think I have ever written, but I have to go for it:

about 5 years ago I used smoke alot of pot on a daily basis until I gave up. A year before giving up, I noticed that when I smoked pot, it seemed to "realx" my anal muscles but I thought nothing of it.

Now however, since I gave up, the relaxing muscles seem to be constant, and although I know I havn't farted, or need a poo, there is an odour around me nearly all the time that smells of bad farts. And what is worse, that when I try to relax to smell is there in force so I am having to "contract" my anal muscles alot.

Also, when I wipe my bum after having a dump, it can take me ages to wipe the poo away, as when I relax myself, the tissue paper picks up more stains.

This may not make any sense to anyone. I have been to my doctor twice and he thinks i'm tripping when I am definatley not!

Please can someone at least tell me what I have got wrong with me / what I can do or whatever -

thanks

a very embarrassed uk person
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper gonzoguy
|
Users who thank ukperson for this post: Therecouldbehope 

replied February 4th, 2004
Relaxed Annas
Hi sir .
Just a few thoughts
1.. All muscle must be exerised in order to be health. At first it might seem like a lot of trouble to re-teach your self to use those musles. But it is best to make your self do what is right.
2.. Women have this problem a lot. But if is usely in urine leaking . Learn and do the pelvis floor musles exersise. Just like lifting weights tighten the annas 100 times a day. 20 times in the a.M... 20 each time that you use the restroom and 20 times before sleeping.
3.. Wear a pad extra thin it will lessen the smell.
What do you think???
Realwoman
|

replied October 12th, 2004
Anal Odor
Ukperson:

i have the same problem.

I still have no idea what is causing this.

So far 2 root causes: mental (ocd, ors, bdd) & physical (stomach needs to be detoxified, relax muscles, hernia)

if anyone can help with this that would be greatly appreciated.

Do you find that when you get up and sit down you notice the mell. Also when you wear tight pants - on your waist that is.

What is the worst is when people around you notice this smell.
|

replied December 29th, 2004
This seems pretty common, not only do people suffer from this sorta thing, but doctors ignore it. I was told that I had some kind of obsessive compulsive thing going on, but thats a bunch of crap. I am not ocd when people walking behind me constantly make rude comments and automatically assume that I dont have good hygeine. I bet you all 20 bucks that you (and me) are some of the cleanest people on the planet. Basically its a standard pair of boxers or panties that are coated with polyurethane and have a filter in the rear that allows cool air to come through and filters out any odor that might be present. Thought this might help, I know that they make a difference for me.

Take care.
|

replied October 8th, 2005
I seem to have the same problem as you in that I have to tighten those muscles and when I relax, I release this smell. Now I don't get any bloating its just constant flatulence and this relaxing muscle odor. Now my stools are also not properly formed as they are usually round pellet like. I believe that we should all collect information in this thread and try to come up with the solution. Here I will post some of the things that I have found, see if you guys can add something to it.

gigz wrote:

what I know:
• food is not being digested correctly or protein to be more precise
• almost constant flatulence
• started in mid-eight grade after visit to another country- possible bacteria causing this?
• small intestine related? Should not eat fruit or sugar with meals.
• flatulence starts in the small intestine because of fermentation- “the anaerobic conversion of sugar to carbon dioxide and alcohol by yeast.”

need to know:

possible remedies:
• lactic acid tablets
• lactobacillus acidophilus combined with cleansing the colon.
• diet coke

sources of information:
• ehealthforum
• askshelly

good food sources:
• digestive enzymes (organic salt)- celery

known bad foods:
• chocolate
• milk (cow)
• cream
• eggs (eat it cooked)
|

replied October 25th, 2005
I too have this problem. I've come to realise it's rooted in ocd/bdd. I do the same thing, collecting evidence from others, and was at first resistant to the idea that the smell does not really exist. I too tried to look for things in the past or present that could cause the smell - diet, drugs etc. I too am very clean and have tried radical changes in eating habits etc to solve the problem but nothing works. I think it can be a problem that creates itself. When you worry about it, you become tense in that area and that could create an actual smell. But when i'm relaxed and happy I don't have the problem. This could be the reason why someone was helped by special pants - it made you stop worrying and it was the worry that was the entire problem in the first place. I suggest reading an article on the internet called " a rose by any other name". I absolutely recognised myself in the case study.
|

replied November 2nd, 2005
Flatulence Smell
Hi, I also suffer from the smell of flatulence even though I have not passed gas. It seems to be a side effect of ibs. There are many people that suffer from this. I have been on other bulletin boards, where lots of people complain about it and they are from all over the world. No doctors seem to know what to do about it and many dont even acknowledge that it is a huge problem, at least for those of us that suffer from it. The social and professional implications are overwhelming for those that suffer. There are several things you can do to try and help, however, what works for one may not work for another, and most people on the other board have tried everything with little success. Eating small meals, drinking lots of water, avoiding things like alcohol and known gas producing foods are all things you can try. I have had some luck with taking charcoal capsules.
Good luck to everyone with this problem, hopefully as more people come forward with this embarassing problem the medical community will take notice and try to help us.
|

replied November 6th, 2005
I have found a sort of remedy. It might not work for you, but it has so far helped me. Try drinking distilled water. No sorts of juice, regular tap water, mineral water, nothing; just distilled water. Also I have been looking into corodial silver as a treatment option.
|

replied February 17th, 2006
One of the best solutions is to use germoloid ointment cream. Just put some on your anus and there you got. Dont rub it in or anything. Just leave it. It may feel uncomfortable, but it sure combats the smell. Now if any of you ladies will like me to show you how do it.............( :wink: )
|

replied February 23rd, 2006
Digestive Problems
Yeah I went to the hospital but I didnt know what to say and what I said was the symptoms of acidreflux but they just gave me some pills that didnt work so im going back to the docs but this time im going to get my story straight so can yall tell me what to say symptom like?
|

replied February 27th, 2006
Re: Anal Problems
Yeah um what is your anal or anal mucles and how do you guys/girls know its tthe anal that makes the odor couldnt it be in your colon like bacteria or something so you guys should clean your colon out so see if that works.I use to think it was colon cancer cause my mom died from that but im not sure?So if any one found something to get rid of that odor for good plzz tell me on here or email me plzz help this odor is destroying my future cause sometimes I wont go to school or cut a lot of classes cause of this embarressing odor plzz help a 15 year old kid.
|

replied March 7th, 2006
Bad Smell
:oops: would just like to thank everyone on here as I to have the same problems every where I go people are talking about me behind my back taking the piss and for a long time I thought I was the only one with this problem
have tried alot of things but nothing has worked for me yet
am currently trying to exercise my muscles will let you know if it helps
this problem has officially ruined my life
i just stay in the house all day, get paraniod that people can smell me
even if I just pop to the local shop
am constantly washing myself but that doesnt seem to help
every time I leave the house I have to have a bath cos it makes me feel that little bit better but still does not stop the problem
any new ideas on how to cure this please will be very greatfull for any suggestions
|

replied March 7th, 2006
Re: Bad Smell
Dude dont let that get the best of you,order some filters on the enternet.
And I to dont go to public places where I sit next to somebody like church bad enough I ditch a lot of my classes cause people talk under there face mask.But I aint giving up on finding a the problem so I could tell my doc and he could get rid of it.But to everybody dont give up keep writing message of your stories so I could get more info.Thanks
|

replied March 13th, 2006
Re: Bad Smell
Are there any diets for this odor
|

replied March 16th, 2006
Fecal Odor
You people are grown men and ladies and its been years and no one has found a damn cure im gettin sick of this I cut school everyday because of the embarresmentof my gassy smell I cant even get a damn girlfirend because of it some body better come up with a cure before I start blowing up. And docters act like they dont know any thing I bet there is a cure for this a cure for cancer a cure for everything.

If any body know anything that can help me.
|

replied March 16th, 2006
Yeah I need a solution too. Going on for 5 years... !**@!, i'm getting tired of it.
|

replied May 16th, 2012
ALRIGHT GUYS.....PLEASE TAKE ME SERIOUS WHEN I GIVE YOU THIS SOLUTION. I PROMISE IT WORKS. I NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS THOUGHT I WOULD HAVE TO EXPLAIN THIS TO ANYONE AND MY ODOR P*SSED ME OFF SO BAD AND IT STARTED WHEN I WAS 12 YRS OLD AND IM 21 NOW AND I NEVER MENTIONED IT. IM A ATHLETE AND IT KEEPS ME FROM PLAYING ANY TYPE OF SPORTS, I PROBABLY WOULD BE RICH BY NOW IF THIS DIDNT HAPPEN. I HAVE A SOLUTION BUT IM STILL AWARE. OK, WHEN YOU TAKE A BATH, YOU NEED TO CLEAN THAT AREA AND MAKE SURE ITS DRY. THEN, GET 2 PIECES OF TISSUE AND FOLD THEM (HAMBURGER STYLE) AND PLACE IT FLAT AND DIRECTLY ON YOUR ANUS WHILE YOUR BINDING OVER. WHEN YOU STAND UP IT WILL STAY IN PLACE LIKE A PAD. ITS SOMETIMES UNCOMFORTABLE BUT IT WORKS WONDERS!!! I DONT KNOW WHAT MADE ME TRY IT BUT IT WORKS, I PROMISE! I HATE TO SEE PEOPLE GOING THROUGH THIS WITHOUT A CURE.TRY WEARING BRIEFS SO IT WILL CATCH ANY TISSUE RESIDUE THROUGHOUT THE DAY. HOPE IT WORKS FOR YOU.
|

replied March 17th, 2006
Hey
Hello, I just wanted to say that ive been having the same problem. Its strange. I think maybe it might have something at least to do with ibs. And I think it very likely could be a bacteria problem. I notice that I ave a very strange smell that sits on my tougne. I however have not brought it up with anyone before. To talk to a doctor would be very akward and I want to have an idea what it is before going.

I also use to smoke alot of weed. It seems like when I quit it got worse. I smoke alot of cigarettes now so when I hang out I just smell like an asshtray rather then something far worse. But almost everyone ive hung out with has mentioned at least once that...Whats that smell? It smells like poo, dog poo, or rotten. I also was told that this could be a genetic problem where the live doesnt break down a certain enzyme the is in fish and fruits and vegetibles. I forget the name.

On a whole I would say 70% of the time I smell. Then il have good days. But when I worked it was bad since I have ibs I would get direah and if I went I would stink all day so I ended up taking anit dirahe pill like it was vitamins...Dont do this its dangerous and I litteraly could have died. So where should we go. Maybe all of us should just buy an island. Its wuite annoying. Im a clean person. And I dont smell like I am.

The next course im going to take is eat some bran for a week or find something that will clean out my bowels. If anyone has got anything that actauly works list them. Not something to cover it up....But make it go away. And I do not belive that its mentaly activated because after hiding from it I just ignored it and got over it and would still chill but it wasnt untill I noticed that I stank did I get anxious over it. This is a rather serious problem in the real world where people will judge you based on the slightest thing. We need a solution...Lets find it
|

replied March 17th, 2006
Anyone know a place where doctors answer questions online. Il talk to them and point out this forum see what they think
|

replied March 20th, 2006
Anal Problem
Okay people we got to discover the problem and help the docters more.
So tell me everybody what are you guys symptoms.
What foods activate your symptoms.
|

replied March 21st, 2006
Re: Anal Problem
Hey peers I was doing research on google and found out this:

giardia is the most prevalent intestinal parasite in humans and found in drinking water. Giardia resides in the smaller intestines and at times in the gall bladder. Millions of these giardia organisms will coat the intestinal walls, prevents the absorption of nutrients and later causing illness.Symptoms are mild to moderate abdominal cramps, intestinal gas,light colored stools,bad absorptoin, weakness, chills, stomach bloating and diarrhea.(144 um x 10 um)

if this is what we all have hopefully,(those are all my symptoms)then we got worms in are intestines.And correct me if im wrong but I think its got notthing to do with flatulance thats probably a symptom.And we need to get these worms out of are intestines or where ever they are and hope that it takes all are symptoms away espacilly that gassy odor.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Anand J. Singh