Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Third Trimester of Pregnancy Forum

Pelvic Pressure (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I am 36 weeks pregnant and every night for the past week I have been having a lot of pelvic pressure..It has been tightening up and really been uncomfortable..Does this mean that labor could come early for me or is this normal at this stage in pregnancy? Also I have over 4 contractions during an hour when I get them, but they are not painful so I know this is not true labor or anything, but is this another sign of pre-term labor?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper yummytummy
|

replied January 21st, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I think the pressure just means the baby has dropped. You will be going in soon. And those pains will become more frequent and a lot more painful. Fast and safe delivery to you
|

replied January 23rd, 2006
Experienced User
Thank you..I hope so as well too=)
best wishes....Tiffany
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
In a first pregnant u can drop anytime after 32 weeks

this is my second mr. No name has dropped and I have been getting false labor on and off for weeks now, look at labor this way if you get more than 5 contractions an hour and you cant move/talk through them ur in labor or if your water broke!!

The pressure I get it feels like I have a ball between my legs and its sore I usually it more at night or when I have been walking for long periods of time, talk to ur dr they can palpate ur belly or give an u/s to find out if baby has dropped. You still could have a few more weeks left before delivery dropping is not a immenit sign for labor

good luck
jess
|

Experienced User
I agree with everyone else. With my son I started getting pelvic pressure at about 31 weeks. They did an ultrasound and he was head down, rearing to go. He was born at 39 and a half weeks. The contractions are probably braxton hicks. They prepare your body for labor. Don't worry it is normal this late in pregnancy. Full term is 37 weeks.
Ashlee
|

replied January 25th, 2006
Experienced User
Thanks girls...The pelvic pressure that I get is so strong sometimes that I can not walk is that how your's felt? Thanks..Tiffany
|

replied January 25th, 2006
Experienced User
Yes, my pressure was awful. I thought I was going into labor at 31 weeks it was so bad. They say you start getting alot more pressure when they turn head down. So the baby is just preparing for birth.
Ashlee
|

replied March 2nd, 2006
Experienced User
I am almost 35 weeks and I get pressure down there so bad and it feels like I am opening up. I get to the point where I cant even roll over in bed on my own. Yeah so I would agree the pressure and soreness can get bad
|

replied March 2nd, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Well I wanna feel pressure too. I feel very left out. I was 39 weeks on wed and my baby still hasn't dropped. When I walk a lot I feel a little bit of pressure/pain in my lower abdomen, but not necessarily my in my pelvis. Maybe I will be lucky and she'll drop just before I go into labor. So maybe I shouldn't complain? Hmmm, well good luck you all!!!
|

replied March 10th, 2006
Experienced User
Im 32 weeks and ive had pressure for a while now.. Just uncomfortable.. But now its too the point where getting outta bed, rolling over, standing up etc.. Hurt.. And I either need help or it takes me about 5 minutes.. Im 18 and its my first preg I havent seen my doc in 3 weeks and he is on vacation for another 2 so I dont really know what to think
|

replied April 29th, 2011
find another doctor
|

replied April 29th, 2011
find another doctor
|

replied March 11th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Has anyone check out their .Cudda lately?? (.Cudda = vagina)

i let my .Fiance use one of those electric bikini shavers and clean me up, cuz I can't see it anymore!! Well anyways, after I was all cleaned up I looked at it and it actually looked really really weird. Like it's not the same cudda I had!!!! Lol...It sounds crazy but it almost looked like I was about to crown...(but not .T.H.A.T bad) maybe she's just gained a little weight!! Lol....Has anyone else had this problem??

As far as the pressure, it sucks!! I've only been having it for about 2 weeks, but !**@!, that's long enough!!! I can't sleep or walk...I'm only comfy sitting on my as$. But if I do that for too long my tailbone and spine start to ache bad...I guess that's what happens when ya gotta baby in your belly!!

Sarah
|

replied March 11th, 2006
Experienced User
Lol I let my bf do the same thing.. And it looks different.. Dunno how to describe it but it does.. Its hard looking down there lol
|

replied March 11th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I guess it gains weight just like we do!! Lol....It's really weird...Like my belly button....I've had an innie for 20 years and now it a total outie!! Kinda of a weird reality check ya know?!?

Sarah
|

replied March 14th, 2006
Could It Be Time??
I am 38.5 weeks. Last week I was almost fully effaced & 1cm dialated. One of my doctors told me I could go any day, while the other doctor talked about the possibility of this little guy not arriving until the 41st week. Does anyone with any experience have an opinion?? This is my first child. I have a feeling he will be late, but every single person who sees me....Every person, insists that he will not make it to march 25th. I guess only time will tell, although I am becoming extremely anxious! Any input is appreciated. Oh yeah yesterday morning, I woke up with stretch marks....Ugh!
|

replied March 14th, 2006
Sorry Guys...
I posted in the wrong place!
|

replied February 19th, 2009
cervical exam pain
hi everyone...i m 38 weeks and my doctor tried to do cervical exam last visit..but i was so uncomfortable that she couldn't reach my cervix to see if its dialated....anyone knows why this happens??? i had some bleeding at 35 weeks...that was unexplained to me
|

replied September 30th, 2009
me2
i am 40 weeks and have felt this pelvic pressure for about 4 weeks now- earlier on, I would grab my belly and lift the baby off my bones/bladder and it would help, especially if I was trying to walk
|

User Profile
replied January 16th, 2012
I get like that ... I'm 36 weeks Thursday ... I got one of those maternity belts from Target ... It doesn't take away all of the pressure, but it helps relieve it a little ... Been getting a loooooot of pressure in my pelvic area, and sometimes it feels like he's just hanging out in my hip area kicking ...
|

replied November 16th, 2009
I am 37 weeks according to my last missed period, my last ultrasound, and how I am measuring. But my doctor is going by my original ultrasound which would put me at 35 weeks. I have been in labor for a week now and contracting for two. I see the doctor tomorrow to see if I dialated more than the one centimeter I was at a week ago. I just started having pelvic pain last night and I can barely walk. My sons head was far down last week so I do not know why I am just now getting pain. They felt his head before they found my cervix. They keep trying to stop my contractions with no luck and I am at the point where I just want them to induce me already! But I do not think they will because they are going by the original ultrasound...any suggestions?
|

User Profile
replied December 15th, 2009
im also 36 weeks well i'll be 37 wks tomorrow. i get this same pain and all it means is that the baby has dropped. jus pressure to get you ready for labor. ive been having those contractions also..there jus braxton hicks contractions. its not real labor yet...braxton hicks contractions are jus contractions that lets you kno that you're close to delivery and preparing your body for REAL LABOR. good luck on your pregnancy.
|

replied December 16th, 2009
i am 39 weeks, and have lots of pressure, and have dropped a little.. does this mean labor is soon??
|