Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Overcome Morning Hard On

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
Hi all,
im 20 yrs old, for a personal choice I decided to abstaing jacking-off, recently when I woke up to find a morning hard on when I woke up in the morning I can hardly resist to jack-off again...

1 any tips or ways on how to abstain from jack-off despite my morning hard on?

2. Any tips on how to overcome my erection during my morning hard on?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 21st, 2006
Experienced User
First of all its perfectly normal to get morning hardons. A suggestion on how to stop wackin it I would say is pray to god, open up the bible to a random page and read or simply just go cold turkey but tha easiest way speaking from experience is from connecting with god in any of the above ways. I hope I helped you in some way.

Good luck
|

replied January 21st, 2006
Experienced User
Why arnt you jacking off?

I have ocd and don't like ejaculate but I try to do it as hygienically as possible and I feel alright afterwards..
|

replied January 22nd, 2006
danthadon wrote:
first of all its perfectly normal to get morning hardons. A suggestion on how to stop wackin it I would say is pray to god, open up the bible to a random page and read or simply just go cold turkey but tha easiest way speaking from experience is from connecting with god in any of the above ways. I hope I helped you in some way.

Good luck

umm...No.

Just take a piss...I discovered that I always need to piss when first waking up. Sometimes that helps me. Ill piss and then it seems to relax my muscles
|

replied January 22nd, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Do as you wish, but do remember, that it is recommended that you ejaculate atleast once every 2 weeks to help keep your prostate healthy, whether it be by masturbation or sex.
|

replied January 23rd, 2006
danthadon wrote:
first of all its perfectly normal to get morning hardons. A suggestion on how to stop wackin it I would say is pray to god, open up the bible to a random page and read or simply just go cold turkey but tha easiest way speaking from experience is from connecting with god in any of the above ways. I hope I helped you in some way.

Good luck

i could see how that would work...It'd be so boring and mind-numbing, you'd lose it quickly.
|

stik wrote:
danthadon wrote:

Good luck

i could see how that would work...It'd be so boring and mind-numbing, you'd lose it quickly.

hahahaha. Gosh no one is religious anymore huh.
|

It's not so much that, but it seems religion is the default answer to all that guy's post.
|

Experienced User
...This is kindda grose, but morning wood is b/c u haven't peed all night and its cause by retained urine...So maybe if you get up and pee in the night...I dunno...
|

liwikiwi wrote:
...This is kindda grose, but morning wood is b/c u haven't peed all night and its cause by retained urine...So maybe if you get up and pee in the night...I dunno...

morning wood is caused by chemicals in your brain. Both men and women get it, but women get it at night before bed, and men get it in the morning. It's more of an arousal, which is why women feel more aroused at night before bed. ;)
|

Experienced User
In addition to sexual arousal, erection in males can be caused by mechanical stimulation, or by the pressure of the filled urinary bladder. Erections when waking up are common, most likely due to a full bladder.
-wikipidia

...So unless they're wrong too..
|

replied September 11th, 2008
Experienced User
Nothing wrong with a good hard woody in the morning!
Sparkly, don't be worried about a morning hardon. Speaking from my experiences I have always been pleased when a boyfriend would wake up with a morning boner - cause that usually meant I was going to get an all beef injection. I don't thing you need to worry about masturbation or abstaining from it. You should embrace and enjoy your sexuality.

Wendy
|
Quick Reply