Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Cramps!help!

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Well im about 5 weeks pregnant and i've been having cramps that feel like menstral cramps. I get it in the morning and they just kind of fade away. My fiance is coming next week to go to the doctor but should I be worried or is this normal? Please help. Any information would be greatly appreciated
thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 20th, 2006
Experienced User
Hey..
Hey gurl. I posted the same thing when I found out I was 5 weeks pregnante. I had the same cramping, called the Dr. Totally normal..Some women will carry the cramps threw the first trimester(me). But no dont worry it is normal....If it gets so bad it brings tears to your eyes I would be worried.... Then see a Dr. But you should be ok.
G'luck have any questions let me know.

Krys
|

Extremely eHealthy
I would get them constantly for the first 6 weeks, so bad they would make me sick to my stomach. Now, every time they examine me and get close to my ovary's same thing, I hurt so bad it makes me sick to my stomach.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Cramps!help!
nat996 wrote:
well im about 5 weeks pregnant and i've been having cramps that feel like menstral cramps. I get it in the morning and they just kind of fade away. My fiance is coming next week to go to the doctor but should I be worried or is this normal? Please help. Any information would be greatly appreciated
thanks

you shouldnt worry ..I had the same problem ...The doctor told me its mostly from all the streching...But if it stresses you then maybe it would make you feel better to get a check up yourself and ..Let your doctor tell you himself :wink:
|

Active User, very eHealthy
I got cramps... Thats what made me doubt at first if I was pregnant cause I was liike man im going to have my period soon.... But I ended up being preggo. So I would say its pretty normal. Start to worry if u have cramping and bleeding
|

replied January 21st, 2006
Experienced User
Re: Cramps!help!
~*~jillian~*~ wrote:
nat996 wrote:
well im about 5 weeks pregnant and i've been having cramps that feel like menstral cramps. I get it in the morning and they just kind of fade away. My fiance is coming next week to go to the doctor but should I be worried or is this normal? Please help. Any information would be greatly appreciated
thanks

you shouldnt worry ..I had the same problem ...The doctor told me its mostly from all the streching...But if it stresses you then maybe it would make you feel better to get a check up yourself and ..Let your doctor tell you himself :wink:

yea I agree its when the uterine lining (endometrimu) stretches to prepare for the lil ones' growth, I also had morning cramps during 1st trimester its normal as long as its not severe as like having it the whole day and as long as there's no bleeding just stay calm.
I know its hard not to stress when ur prego but I think what ure havin is normal. Wont hurt to consult ur doctor if it does bother u
good luck
|