Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Cervical Cancer And the Pill

Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
User Profile
There is a new study that states that women who carry the high risk hpv virus (cervical dysplasia/cancer) and have been taking the pill for over 5 yrs are twice as likely to have reocurring problems with dysplasia. Alot of women carry the virus and do not have dysplasia, because it can lay dormant in your body for years. The pill and hpv is not a healthy combo and can lead to problems. Women who have been on the pill for 10 yrs or more are 4 times more likely to have dysplasia also. Something about the pill makes the dyspalsia grow rapidly. I was on the pill for 10 yrs and I had moderate dysplasia which I had surgery for. After finding out this new info, I stopped talking the pill all together and since then all my paps have come back normal. I will post the link of the arcticles stating these findings if anyone is interested.
Did you find this post helpful?
|