Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Area Around the Nipples Dark

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hie..Im around 23 weeks pregnant...N offlately ive noticed that the area around my nipples has become dark ..N I can alomost see all my nerves around...Is it normal to have this???
Please do reply as soon as possible
thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Sunflower_pie81
|

replied January 19th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Yes...
Mine actually became dark around 10 1/2 weeks preggy. Mine are now like a maroon/purple color. I can also see large veins leading to my nipple. This is totally normal and nothing to worry about. You will also start to notice those little bumps on your areola more now as well. Your nipples might become hard more often now too. These are all of the things that have happened to me and I found out that they are completely normal!!

My breast have actually started to leak. Just as a heads up, that's normal too!!

Hope this could help you!!!

Sarah
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
There are many changes with your boobs..When you are pregnant...Especially the nipple area...When I was pregnant it was always dark..Then after breastfeeding its lighter ...Its all normal no need to worry....
|

Extremely eHealthy
My nipples have gotten darker and they have grown from a 32a to a 32c in 9 weeks. I really hope that they don't get much bigger....However I can see my blood veins they are really dark blue. (funny how blood shows up blue in the body) anyway I have been told that it's normal. No need to worry.
|

replied January 20th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Thats very normal and I think pretty much happens to everyone during pregnancy. I am 21 weeks and i'm mixed so I have an olive complextion as it is and my nipples were a brown color before pregnancy. But they have gotten alot darker since.
|

replied January 20th, 2006
Re: Yes...
Thanks so much...
Yes even my breasts have started to leak...In fact its just plain watery discharge...But no milky color....
Keeps itchy all the time...Espcially my nipples/..
Hope all these pangs are normal during pregnancy...

babymajic0506 wrote:
mine actually became dark around 10 1/2 weeks preggy. Mine are now like a maroon/purple color. I can also see large veins leading to my nipple. This is totally normal and nothing to worry about. You will also start to notice those little bumps on your areola more now as well. Your nipples might become hard more often now too. These are all of the things that have happened to me and I found out that they are completely normal!!

My breast have actually started to leak. Just as a heads up, that's normal too!!

Hope this could help you!!!

Sarah
|