Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Third Trimester of Pregnancy Forum

29 Weeks Still Vomiting-burns

Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....
I am 29,5 weeks and I am still vomiting like crazy. I can't eat meat, chicken, boiled vegetables, yoghurt, soups, fruits.. Nothing!!! My doctor says that even if I don't eat anything my baby gets its food from me(she's 1,400 kgr.). But I have a big problem because I cannot eat anything!! And even if I eat after 10 mins I vomit and after that I have awful stomach burns and I feel like there's a fire in my throat. I already lost 3 kilos...
Anyone of you had the same symptoms like mine? And if yes ... Have you managed to get rid of them?? Any suggestion would be very much appreciated ... I am despirate and want to have this baby quickly so I can eat!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 21st, 2006
Experienced User
Your problem sounds exactly like mine. I am 36 weeks pregnant and I am still getting sick all of the time. Sometimes while I am eating I get sick and throw up, sometimes it is right after and then the worse time is when I get that awful heartburn feeling that means I better throw up, or I am not going to be able to rest or feel better until I do. I talked to my doctor about this and he said it was normal for some women to be sick the whole 9 months so he prescribed me to prevacid...I never did get that filled at the pharmacy but I did by tums by the bottle and everytime I start to feel sick I take 2 and that seems to work for me at night and during the day I have noticed that if I eat one cracker or a couple of chips I can hold food down better during the day. I have a nurse that comes to my home once a week and she told me to eat really small snacks through the day and then lay down before the sick feeling comes along that way I am keeping some food down for the baby. Try peanut butter crackers if you like them...It has been working for me better than anything, and I am not as sick anymore...Honestly though women like you and I are just one of the lucky few to expeirence this nausea all through pregnancy..Good luck=)
|

replied February 13th, 2006
I am 32,5 weeks. I have been sick since week 4 . I still get sick I get a burning feeling in my chest then it goes to my head. I lost 15ibs. And have now gained 10 back. I wish u luck hope you feel better. And the ensure stuff is gross. But helps
|

replied February 17th, 2006
Ladies thank you very much for your answers.
I have to say that nothing helped... I am still feeling sick. I cannot have a proper meal I cannot even drink water... The doctor said that from the first time the baby had the head pushing right to my stomach and now that the head dropped she has her feet playing with my stomach (and her hands playing with my kidneys!!) and that is why I cannot eat anything! What a brat! ;p
anyway ... Still one month to go and i've already lost 6 kilos (the baby is now 2 kilos). I can even fit in my oldest clothes!!!
I am seriously considering though for the next baby!!!!! Maybe i'll adopt one ... I don't think that I can go through another 9 months beeing sick vomiting and having heartburns!
|

replied February 21st, 2006
I have told my husband that being sick has put to much stress on me and not being able to eat anything sweet cause of gestational diabetes is driving me crazy I want strawberry cheesecake now..I have a while to think about another kid though. I do want a daughter but thinking about being pregnant and sick is scary..When is your due date?
|

replied February 21st, 2006
Especially eHealthy
My friend was sick until the say she delivered her baby! He was only 6lbs because her stomach wouldn't allow the nutrients he needed to actually digest. She also couldn't take any prenatals because they made the situation worse!!!

I only got nausious and would throw up when I brushed my teeth...Somtimes I wish I would get sick...Maybe I wouldn't have gained all this weight!!!!!!

Good .Luck yall...You'll pull through!!!!

Sarah
|

replied March 7th, 2006
My due date is april 1 ...
The months used to pass like seconds ... But now the final countdown is horrible... I think that the seconds are months... I am still vomiting and having heartburns like crazy! I lost from the beginning of my pregnency 10 kilos but the baby is growing like crazy. She is 2800 grams and my doctor said that she will be at least 3 kilos when she'll be born. Can't wait to get rid of all those symptoms... I've become a pain in the head having awfuly bad mood crying and vomiting all the time. My face has pimples from the intentional vomiting. I just want to sleep all the time so that the days will pass and not feel like I am sick..
|

replied July 13th, 2010
sick ,sick, sick
Hi ladies i am going through the same thing. iam 28 weeks and i havent ate a good meal since i was 4 weeks pregnant I throw up everything it use to be right away but now in 5 mins i am going to the rest room. I feel each one of yall pain this will be my first and last I told my husband.
|