Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Why Is Sex So Important!?!?

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
Ok, my question for all you couples, or married husbands and wives, etc. Why is sex so important. In many cases, if sex is taken out of a relationship, frustration kicks in, and many marriages or relationships will end in a divorce because of it. I have heard it's not important or leads to divorces but it does. I learned in a psychology class, sex is a primary need of humans. And if sex weren't so important, why are there so many shows tryin to help ppl in struggling relationships with their sex lives? ..Many times couples are too tired, or work different schedules (day and night).And it frustrates them because they aren't having sex. My question, as stated earlier, to all of you is, why is sex so important!? Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper DiamondsAndGold
|

replied January 18th, 2006
Experienced User
Its Important Cuz
Sex is so important cuz its the greatest form of expressing your love to your loved one and besides that it is also tha greatest feeling in the world which I note "should only be done in marriage".
|

User Profile
replied January 22nd, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Its Important Cuz
danthadon wrote:
sex is so important cuz its the greatest form of expressing your love to your loved one and besides that it is also tha greatest feeling in the world which I note "should only be done in marriage".

its 2006 get over the whole deal of sex before marriage is wrong...There are very few virgins these days..

Times have changed...
|

replied January 23rd, 2006
Ya I agree.. Sex before marriage is common place now. Sex is hormonal, its a basic need. Wats the point of being in a relationship if you cant meet ur basic needs??
|

replied February 18th, 2010
You Set the Bar
Relationships that are built with sex being necessary or key to it usually fail because it was only built on just that and nothing more.
So dating and sex is a lot like picking apples-
You can pick the ones at the bottom which are rotten and easy to pick or you can pick the ones at the top which are real boyfriend(husband)/girlfriend(wife) material.

You either have control on sex or let it control you.
|

replied February 18th, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
Why is eating important, or excreting waste? Why do we need to sleep so much? We are the animals that we are, and sex is one of our needs. To further complicate our need for sex we are constantly told that it is unimportant or inapropriate or that we need to control something that we need. So we neglect sex and we malfunction. We loose touch with the bodies of the people we love, we fall out of rhythm with our own body and sleep poorly, function poorly, feel poorly.

Why is sex important? Because it sustains us in ways we are still only beginning to understand. It connects us to the people we are most close to and it helps us grow in function and understanding.

It's like green vegetables, only it tastes better.
|

replied January 12th, 2011
It is only as important as the emphasis you place on it.
Different people have different drives and need.Some people are asexual and do not have sex at all.I am disgusted by men generally at the moment and have lost my drive.
|

replied January 12th, 2011
Re: You Set the Bar
DiamondsAndGold wrote:
Relationships that are built with sex being necessary or key to it usually fail because it was only built on just that and nothing more.
So dating and sex is a lot like picking apples-
You can pick the ones at the bottom which are rotten and easy to pick or you can pick the ones at the top which are real boyfriend(husband)/girlfriend(wife) material.

You either have control on sex or let it control you.
Agree totally-my parents have had no sex life for 30 years but still have a relationship.
|

replied January 14th, 2011
I need Sex to feel close to my Husband, it helps me to show him a different way of my love and the Orgasm is great too Surprised)
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied September 26th, 2011
Sex is disgusting Uugh!
never have sex or u will find urself suffering from hiv
|

replied September 28th, 2011
Sex is important for many reasons, it shows my husband in other ways how much I love him with the closness and intimacy, I feel his love the same way.

Im the on that gets frustrated if we havent had that intimacy in a while. The other reason is that it releases a chemical in the brain that is uphoric (hope I spelled that right). What ever that chemical is I know to me atleast it is important.

It takes away my frustrations and mood swings.
|
Quick Reply