Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Muscular and Nerve Disorders Forum

Tingling Sensation In Left Arm And Hand

Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
In the past 2 weeks I have experienced a tingling sensation in my left arm and hand... No pain. It occurs when the arm is being used and when it isnt. Should I seek medical attention? And what could be some of the causes of this?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper pearlisland
|

replied December 27th, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
Go to the dr!! It could be heart related or it could be a pinched nerve or lots of things but see the dr don't take the risk.
|

replied December 31st, 2007
Tingling Sensation
I have had for some time a very strong tingling sensation from the shoulder right down to my wrist. Prior to this I had an extremely painfull shoulder and arm due to inflamation, as I have osteoarthritis in this area. This is due to many years of doing a visititing service, lugging a very heavy massage couch offering sports injury treatment. The inflamation was so bad I could not move the arm and certainly could not lie on it, many sleepless nights were to follow. I chose not to take medication, and just put up with it for a good three weeks. During one evening whilst having dinner and in much discomfort due to pain, I first experienced a very powerful tingling, from shoulder to wrist. It was effective for around one minute, and when it eased so did the pain that I have had. The tingling occurs every day now and after each time, the pain is less and less. I am almost 99 percent pain free now. Does anyone know what this could be? and my question for the other person with a tingling sensation is - did you have any pain prior to this tingling? Lucia
|

replied January 16th, 2008
tingling
i've hade tingling in my left hand for four days and now its going up my arm and down my side and leg into my foot is this something i should worry about
|

replied January 20th, 2008
angina tends to be a left sided issue, and if any concerns yes do go see a doc.
|

replied January 20th, 2008
angina tends to be a left sided issue, and if any concerns yes do go see a doc.
|
Quick Reply