Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Breakthrough Bleeding... That Won't Stop!!

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
I've been on seasonale for about 2 months. It works fine but about 2 weeks ago I started bleeding and I still haven't stopped. It's started to slow down and even stopped the other day but now it's still there. I was wondering when it will stop?! This is my first birth control and I have no idea if this is normal or not. I'm supposed to have my regular period in about 3 and a half weeks.

Is this supposed to happen??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 18th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
That is normal espcecially with skipping periods, you can definately have some pretty significant breakthrough bleeding. It is normal, and over time it will stop. Many women who are new to period skipping find that they breakthrough spot a bit the very first cycle.
|
Did you find this post helpful?