Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Pain Management Forum

Chronic Neck Pain

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
5 years ago my son was 18 yrs old and in very good health except he had been having neck pain for some time. The doctor detemined he had a tumor between c2-c3 in the spinal column. He had surgery with successful removal of what turned out to be a benign tumor. He has continued to have severe pain constantly since the operation. He is a health minded person and does not like taking pain medication constantly, therefore, he has pain all the time. I have done considerable reading on the subject and wonder if an epidural injection or the prfn-pulsed radio frequency neutronomy procedure would possibly help. Does he have epidural fibrosis from scar tissue that formed on the nerves that might have been disturbed? The neurosurgeon removed some of the bones that help protect the spinal column during the surgery...Does this have any effect? My son used to go to physical therapy, do exercises that were designed for his condition and take pills...Nothing has worked. Any suggestions? This is my first time on this or any site-looking for help!
Has or is anyone experiencing the same thing, possibly after a similar operation...Successful removal of benign cervical tumor or lesion?
Thanks, tom
Did you find this post helpful?
|