Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Q and A Forum

Working During Pregnancy? Whats the Perfect Job?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Here's my sistuation. I have been working for car dealerships for over 5 years. I am very experienced in most of the positions. I had been with volkswagen for over two years my job was very secure with paid materniity leave and all. Right before I knew I was pregnant I was offered a higher paying job at mercedes. However I started out on as a receptionist again. I am 22 and 4 1/2 months pregnant I was just passed up for the job they already trained me for before I started to show and they knew I was pregnant. This is very up setting for me because they offered it to the part time receptionist who has a very sweet smile not much between the ears. Many time I have caught and corrected mistakes in her work but since I work a job that requires two people I had no problem correcting and not reporting the flaws. Besides the job they just offered her they had already trained me for. I had no fear. Now look! I have decided that the car world is no place for a mother due to the hours are to long in the money positions to work for a mommy. Any suggestions on what type of job is a good job to have while you are pregnant. Insurance not being a problem I can have my husbands insurance pick me and the baby up. Advice anyone? I am very upset and of couse I have to maintain my professionalism receptionist and all.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 16th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
You had a good job, I used to work in a call center (talk about stress) im an it/tech so I deal with stuff on the phone and in the office when problems arised I ended up on bedrest cause they thought the stress could trigger preterm birth, anyways I dont have a job to go back (long story).

There is no perfect job as long as your not on ur feet all 8 hrs not to stressed etc then you should be fine as for hours good paying jobs usually come with sacrfices im 22 and was working a fixed shift but started off with shiftwork..

Wish you luck!!
Jess
|

User Profile
replied February 7th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Sounds better than my job-at least when preg, I work at a nursing home and have to lift patients an d am on my feet all the time
and work 12 hour shifts
a sit down job would of been ideal
|

replied February 7th, 2006
Thanks For the Replies>>>>>
I was really upset that day I felt over looked due to pregnancy. However I am so joyous to be in this state that I have learned to over look such dismay. Besides I was intrested in nothing but my career now and gladly I am in mommy mode. So as long as I can work as long as possible (considering we just bought a house and the income is good) at the receptioninst desk or not I am happy. Because ya'll are right standing on my feet all day would be alot worse. I would not last long.

Thanks!
|

replied April 6th, 2006
a Little Late
This maybe a little late, but you could take a quick course in medical transcription and work at home (if I ever become pregnant thats what im going to do).....;)
|