Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Clogged Left Ear...please Help

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
I'm 18 yrs. Old. I have a problem with my left ear. I don't remember when it started (maybe a week ago), but whenever i'm cold and blow my nose, my left ear gets clogged for some reason and I can hear my heartbeat. However, there's no pain at all (which i'm glad). Is this normal? How can I stop this from happening? Maybe I have this because I have allergies? Should I take sudafed since maybe my sinus is having to do with it? Also, my left ear gets clogged after I work out (lifting weights) and I could hear my heartbeat and my breathing in my left ear when it's clogged. It's really annoying.

Also, just earlier today when I woke up, I felt really lightheaded. It was like everything was dark when I opened my eyes and felt confused as if I was gonna faint or pass out. Has this happened to anybody? At the time, I woked up all of a sudden because I had to help somebody out. What is the caused of this? My left ear was clogged too at the same time that I could hear myself whenever I talk or breathe.

Please help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 16th, 2006
I kinda had the same thing. Ended up it was an ear infection....Even though the infection is gone, there is still some minor swelling which will cause you to feel off balance. I had the same feeling as you as if I was going to pass out, but your not.....Your equilibrium is off balance. It messes up my workout. Make sure your breathing properly....Important

though I never heard my heartbeat,ringing, or any echoing in my ears

go see a ent.. Mine told me it's just a plugged estuchian tube, and gave me a steroid and decongestant.

Pain in the azz but eventually it'll clear up
|

replied November 27th, 2009
clogged ear/vertigo
My left ear is clogged and I have a heartbeat in my ear. It started 2 months ago following vertigo. First the room would spin which lasted for a week on and off. My family doctor gave me antibiotics and the pill for dizziness. Then it went to my head feeling like it was going back and forth. Sometimes my eyes would feel like they were moving back and forth . I went to the ENT and they treated me for Crystals. After the treatment I felt worse than before. I needed to stay in a chair and not move for days. I went for a second treatment for crystals and also need to sit for days until the back and forth in my head lessened.They put me on steroids and another antibiotic. I am now "almost" dizzy free but have the clogged ear and the heartbeat in my ear. I went again to the ENT who prescribed Allegra D. I did not take it since one of the side effects is dizziness. Not sure what to do or what is wrong with me. Is a decongestant the answer?
|

replied January 19th, 2010
Hello, I am 12 years old, and as I was looking for a medicine to cure clogged ears, I found this website. My left ear has been randomly getting clogged. I have used a blue syringe, an ear wax candle, and an ear wax removal liquid, and not one of them worked. Also, I just recently got allergies, so I wonder if that has anything to with it. This happened a while ago, also at a random time...the ear clogged and allergies. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks
|

replied February 18th, 2010
Go on earadicator.com It is a site developed by Tiffany Cady-moore. I used the 4 way spray in the red box to help me. I did not do the procedure with the water, only the 4 Way spray. I repeated it for a few DAYS. Finally my ear was less clogged. Now , some days it is not clogged at all and other days it feels clogged but not all the way. I feel like it is taking forever. I still have the heart beat in my head and ear everyday. Not sure what the problem is. I have an appointment in a few days with an allergy doctor. After this,I hope it finally clears up. Please let me know how you are doing.
|