Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

About Breastfeeding...

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Ok... I'll be 17 once I have my baby and i'm not to sure on breastfeeding. My sister and mom are pushing me to do it but i'vve herd it's not that esy and it leaves your breast really tender and sore which they already hurt like hell. I want to do whats best for my baby but I hear so many different things about breast feeding. So if you have done it can you give me some advice please.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 16th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Well I haven't done it yet, but I am all for it. A lot of people say it makes your boobs saggy and so lots of teen girls choose not to do it (i go to a school for pregnant and parenting girls and almost none of them breast feed and that is there number one reason) but it doesn't really. What makes your boobs saggy is pregnancy itself. Sometimes women find it hard to breastfeed but once them and baby get the hang of it, it's supposidly very simple and wonderful, plus it's so good for your baby. My mom breastfed me and she said it was the most amazing experiance she ever had. A lot of girls also give up quickly and or think that they don't supply enough milk, when that is totally false. It could seem like that you don't produce enough milk, but really baby just likes eating in small ammounts and frequently throughout the day. I say give it a shot and if it doesn't work then you don't have to do it. But it can't hurt (oh as for the hurting thing, sometimes I think baby doesn't latch on properly when you and him/her are learning how to do it, and it can hurt, but it shouldn't normally and usually doesn't)

good luck!

Kimmie
|

replied January 16th, 2006
Experienced User
I've just always heard it starts to hurt after your baby gets some teeth in lol. So a lot of girls i've known switched to formula after their teeth started to come in.

But if you don't smoke/drink while breast feeding, it is much healthier for your child, and it gives you and your child a bond like no other. =)
|