Medical Questions > Abortion > Medical Abortion Forum

After Abortion

Must Read
A D&C is a standard procedure. But it can be scary when you don't know what to expect. Learn about what happens during dilation and curettage to prepare yoursel...
Dilation and curettage, or D & C for short, is a procedure that is used to diagnose and treat a number of womens health conditions. What are some goals of a D a...
A D&C usually is free of problems, and the recovery period for the procedure is short. But knowing about possible complications can help you detect problems ea...
I had an abortion exactly a week ago yesterday. I have had all the mental symptoms as far as dreams, me crying about missing my child, hearing babies cry, and even the physical changes. But one thing that I don't know is that I was examining my breasts the other day because they've grown in size (i was 11 weeks pregnant the day I had the procedure) and I squeezed around my nipple and a clear, almost white substance came out. It wasnt much coming out of either nipple, but everytime I go back and check it still comes out. I'm not leaking it, but I have to squeeze them to get it out. Is this normal? Is it milk? When will it stop and am I okay? I really need some help please someone let me know!! :cry: :?:
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 14th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Yes that is normal, I promise. What worries me is your emotional well being and your dreams. How did you have your abortion? Were you coerced, or did you feel pressure from someone else? I wanna help you feel better :)
|

As long as blood is not coming out of your nipple I would not worry. A little clear liquid came out of my nipple when I had my abortion...It's nothing to worry about.
Try to stay positive. I know it is hard but there most likely was a reason for you to do this. I've had those dreams too. I'm here for you and you are not the only one.
|

You should be ok...They told me that you can still have pg symptoms a couple of weeks after the procedure...Most places offer a 4-6 week checkup free of charge...Make sure you go and see if everything is ok...Keep us posted...
|

replied January 15th, 2006
Well I really appreciate it. I thought something was really weird. My boyfriend told me that I was okay, and I kinda believed him. But...Now im having a little bit of a pain in my breasts...But it comes and goes. But I will be going to that check up appointment to make sure that evertyhing is okay. But again I really appreciate the advice guys! I don't have to worry anymore!
|

replied January 15th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Hey, my breasts hurt during the month for absolutely no reason at all, and it's never when i'm having my period!
|