Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

????????

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
I was just wondering how accurate are blood test - are they always accurate - and how far along do you have to be for it to pick up the hcg horomone or does it pick up on it immediately????? :)
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 13th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I cant really answer your question but if you talk to your doctor he/she should be able to put your mind at rest. Have you been trying to ttc long?
|

replied January 14th, 2006
No not long....I guess it I dont get my period in the next week or two I will go back to the Dr...I dont have any pregnancy or period symptoms so who knows what is going on...Maybe im just stressing to much...I need to let mother nature play its course....
|

Extremely eHealthy
I think one of the girls said it is 2 weeks for the blood test to be positive. She was saying there are 2 different ones, and the one that shows .H.C.G at 2 weeks is the one they commonly use. I think she was a nurse.
|

If there are 2 different kinds, then I dont know which one they used on me...They said I would either give a neg or pos result...They told me it was negative...They didnt even tell me my hcg levels...Does that mean I didnt have any hcg in my blood...When I went to take a blood test I dont think it has been 2 weeks
|

replied January 15th, 2006
I beleive thats what I heard too. Just because hcg doesnt show up until about that point. So even if yo uhave conceived, it wont show up right away. If you read over pregnancy test information I noticed that it said if you have irregular periods, the best time to test is 19 days after unprotected sex. That would make me assume that two weeks is about when it begins. Any other opinions?
|

replied January 15th, 2006
I still havent started my period and its always regualr so is it possible that I took a blood test to early??? Do you think I should wait and take another one????
|

replied January 16th, 2006
Thats always a possibility. Give it 4 more days or so, and try again. A girl im friends with took two negative blood tests and many negative hpt tests for both of her children before they showed up positive. If thats any consolation for you :)
|

replied January 17th, 2006
Experienced User
....How come you don't mention anything about having an aborting in this post...Seriously girl...You'd think if you had an abortion you 'd mention it with ur screwed up period...And yet ur also saying ur trying to conceive? Messed up u are
|

Seriously girl, I dont have to mention anything that I dont want to .... :wink:
|

Experienced User
Well after ttc 2 years for #2 I found out by accident I was pregnant 10 or 11 days after I ovulated. So I had not even missed a period. Blood tests are very accurate. My first # was 23. That is really low, so they tested again two days later to make sure my numbers were doubling. Mine tripled to 74!!!!!! Just thought I would let my excitement out somewhere. Finally someone who deserves to get preggy gets preggy!!!!
Ashlee
|
Quick Reply