Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Why Is My Vagina Itchy???? (Page 1)

I'm having a problem!!!! I've been having a lot of issues lately with stress and being over emotional and stuff, and i've gained weight over the past few weeks, and now i'm starting to lose it again...

My problem is: my vagina itches! It started this morning. I really don't think it's anything big because it's not sore, swollen, or looks like it is inflamed at all, it's just itchy.

I haven't had sex since last saturday. I've been taking my bc like normal. I haven't shaved down there in at least a week (and I don't shave all the way (i use bikini razors), so I don't think it has anything to do with hair growing in. The only difference i've had is what I listed above, and there are two other things: 1. I've been wearing my pajama pants without undies and 2. I've had a mostly clear/white discharge, that isn't abnormal, but I usual don't have any discharge since i've been on bc, which is why it's strange.

So does anyone have any advice or opinion before I go buy something for the itching?? If it doesn't stop i'll go to my gyno, but right now I need it to stop itching!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper ladygagalover101
|
Users who thank princessdiana7586 for this post: oliviabrown 

replied January 13th, 2006
Experienced User
I'm sure you have some type of infection. There are other kinds besides yeast infections that you can have. If the itching gets worse def. See your gyno.
It could be a yeast but yeast infections have what they call cottage like discharge. When I had mine I had lots of itching first though before I got the discharge, so I didn't think I had one.
|

replied April 13th, 2011
serious stench puss
My little vag has been itching obsessivly for about 4 years now..(or maybe more, oh i dont know..) My panties fill up every day with a cottage cheese like substanse..well less like cottage cheese more like clumpy sticky spoiled milk..there has also been a strong oder smelling kind of like cow poop..im about 42 or so having sex with over ohh id say 54 males, 24 females..all not using protection, what could this itching be from!!??
|

replied May 4th, 2011
You probably have some type of STI. You Should Def Get Tested And Actually You Shoulda got tested 4 Years ago
|

replied October 12th, 2011
wat is STI
|

replied April 14th, 2012
What does STI mean
STI is Sexually Transmitted Infections
|

replied April 14th, 2012
STI is Sexually Transmitted Infections
|

replied June 20th, 2011
This sounds really fake and people are here seeking help and you sound effin stupid. u know if this was a real problem u would have been smart enough to go see a dr. a long time ago. this post need to be reported. smdh
|

replied November 28th, 2011
Most of women experienced vaginal itching its what we call candidiasis which is fungus infection its a yeast or looks like cheese
That we will see in our panties that cause too much itching what I've learned from my obgyne we should always dry our vagina bec
Wet part invited bacteria the best medicine in itching vagina is watch with micanazole bar soap and but
Micanazole nitrate supppository u will put this inside ur vagina this medicine is reall
Effective I hope I help u guyssssss.
|

replied April 17th, 2012
PamWoodring you really need to get to a gyno you have the yeast infection or other vaginal infections. This isn't normal for you're body to do. Considering it's being happening for 4 years! You need to seek a doctor/gyno.
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied August 6th, 2012
it is highly possible that you have a yeast infection..i suggest that you go to a doctor immediately and stop having sex until you receive confirmation from your doctor. This is because you may spread this infection to others which is very dangerous. Also i suggest you use protection for risk of std, infection, and/or pregnancy. this is very unsafe and laves you with a horrible reputation. I think you should take this advice for the safety of yourself and others. Smile and I'm not judging you put what you are doing is wrong and you should respect yourself more.
|

replied February 2nd, 2012
when i was free from periods then i have sex with my b frd and now periods is near so i have a itching in m hole why?any serious case?
|

replied June 7th, 2012
thx but would it help if I told u that,i masturbated and the next morning I woke up with a incredible itch! PLEASE HELP!
|

replied May 1st, 2009
why is my vagina itchy?
Iv been dealing with an itchy vagina now for about 2 days..weird thing is, it never itches during the day! its always at night just befor i go to bed. Iv had a bit of the white "cottage chesse clumps" iv read about. my vagina is not swollen and i have not tried any new body washes. I have had a yeast infection in the past, is it possible the i have another one?
|

User Profile
replied May 1st, 2009
Supporter
i remember i had a horrible itch and i thought it was a yeast infection so i used cream on my clitoris. i had no other symptoms and months later i found out i had trigg. that doesnt mean you have this it could be a yeast infection.
Emile you definitely have a yeast infection the cottage cheese clumps is a tell-tell sign.
|

replied August 7th, 2011
itchy vag
sheesh cant peeps b more specific what the heck is trigg lol
|

replied May 2nd, 2009
yeast infection. get the Monistat that has the three day treatment and the soothing cream. If you don't have much discharge or don't think it's a yeast infection, get some Cortizone to relieve it
|

replied August 2nd, 2012
is monistat an over the counter drug?
|

replied September 29th, 2009
I've been having a reallll bad itch for a awhile now. I stopped shaving my vagina and i have gotten tested for STD's and everything and i came out negative. But can the itching be caused by the thicker hair growing in? because i haven't shaved for 2 weeks now (or maybe more).
|

replied October 14th, 2009
my vagina has also been itchy, but I'm a virgin, could it still be possible I have a yeast infection, because I've also had some white discharge, its not cottage cheese like though.
|

replied June 27th, 2011
I have been having the same problem too!!! I'm only 13 and I haven't had my period yet and i don't know what to tell my mom ): and I don't really know what this white discharge is?! I have been having it for about a little over a year. What is it? I see alot of people have it too. Is it possible that I might have an yeast infection?
|

replied June 29th, 2011
try to change your diet. avoid sugar, white flour. lots of veggies, yogurt low sugar,
use a mild soap down there and buy miconazole apply in the itchy area.
talk to your mom, you don't have to be sexual active in order to have yeast infection
|

replied July 18th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
Girly, please talk to mom and this is why;
if u r 13; r u going to ask 10 yr olds to help u
mom has 1000 times your experience

I will give u this, your vagina is SELF CLEANING and every month your uterus has to build a NEST or home for the possibility that u get impregnated and when u don't it has to LIQUIFY that home and discharge it from your body. now thru out the month your cervix produces fluids that r appropriate for the particular time and they change from clear to yellow to next-to-nothing to thick-n-slick etc

NOW AS TO A YEAST INFECTION; it will itch terribly and be somewhat like cottage cheese and have an odor
as to other problems such as vaginosis which is completely different from yeast because yeast is fungal and requires ANTI-FUNGALS and the other is BACTERIAL and requires antibiotics

and then u could go on to many other possibles

SO IF IN THE FUTURE u have a question then u need only be specific and ask and there r lots of really smart people willing to help BUT DON'T FORGET mom is already there and has already been where u r at long time ago as has your aunts, grandmas etc.
best wishes to u
|

replied February 23rd, 2013
You realize some are just not that close to Mom right? Snob.
|

replied August 21st, 2011
I'm 13, but I have had my period for about two years. My vagina is so itchy! I try to change my undies regularly because of the white, sticky, stuff. I don't know what to do it's really annoying!
|

replied November 5th, 2011
im about the same age and mine just started being rly itchy!!!! Its been so anoying. I just talked to my mom and she gave me some good advice! Plz talke to yours and dont feel weird about it. She most likely has had a yest infection. I bought some cream at my local drug store and my mom said it should help (and if it doesnt i got a yeast infection.) Also there are over the counter test to see if you have 1. I encourage fist talking to your mom (she is a girl to) and next try some vagina itching cream. It will feel soooooo much better
|

replied December 16th, 2011
No, the white discharge means you will be starting your period soon.
|

replied December 24th, 2011
No it don't cuz I've ha my period for 5 years and I'm 17 now I have the cottage white stuff an the itching and it's kinda swollen cuz I itch it. I shave to but I think I have a yeast infection but not sure
|

replied February 13th, 2012
You probably are horny when you get the discharge. You just dont notice it, and yes before you are getting your period your first time you get the discharge, i had it for almost 2 years before i got my period. And almost everyone is itchy from shaving, thats why they make the cream, and obviously its going to get swollen if you scratch it.
|

replied February 11th, 2012
You are probly just goin through puberty and the "white discharge" i had
A few mounths before my period
|

replied October 12th, 2011
how can you get yeast infections? like really i dont know...what is yeast infection?
|

User Profile
replied October 18th, 2009
why is my vagina so itchy
use Vasenline it really helps Smile
|

replied March 27th, 2011
what vaseline product are u reffering to??i really have a bad itch its been 3 days now and its not inflame..i'm still a virgin so i dont think its herpes which was my first guess..i'm still but a kid and we are not rich so i dont have any private doctors like others do..and i'm also too shy to tell my mom and dad or my sister..please help me..i cant take it anymore..i'm a student u see and i couldn't be scratching my ____ everytime especially when i am at school.
|

replied April 6th, 2011
Have a bath and put salt in it, I used to do this when I was younger if I was sore in that area, it can kill infection. Also make sure to change underwear every day and wear cotton underwear as it is the best type of material against sensitive skin. Do not overuse soap or showergel etc as some girls do this because they think there is a fishy smell. This is normal and using too much soap can affect the ph levels which creates itchiness. If it doesn't go away in a few days please see your school nurse or just go to a doctor. I remember being nervous at this age but honestly it is so common and adults know this so do not be embarassed. I hope this helped.
|

replied July 11th, 2011
what type of salt should you use in the bath?
|

replied November 5th, 2011
Im just a kid to and PLEASE talke to your mom! (and sister if she has been through this stuff). Your dad most likely isnt a big help bc he is a guy. There is some vagina itcing cream for a few bucks at you local drug store. It should help alot (unless u DO have a yeast infection which you can get tests for a few bucks) good luck!
|

replied October 28th, 2012
What if we dont vasenline? Will gold bold itching powder work too
|

replied October 28th, 2012
What if we don't have Vasenline? Also, will Gold Bond's itch powder work to?
|

replied October 28th, 2009
My vagina has been pretty itchy for a few weeks now. Its just red and itchy but like really severe itch. i dont have any discharge so it could be a yeast but its incredibly itchy! please help its just so uncomfortable. Oh an im pretty young to i dont have any special doctors and i am way to embarressed to tell me mom or doctor. please an suggestions? remember there is no discharge!
|

replied October 28th, 2009
could not**** be a yeast
|

replied October 29th, 2009
if you have white discharge which looks like a cottage cheese, yout vagina is itchying, i thing this is unambiguously a yeast infection.
|

replied October 29th, 2009
There is no discharge at all. So i do not think this is a yeast infection but its just soo itchy and it feels a little like i cut but i cant find one!
|

replied October 31st, 2009
i have the exswact same thing hellpppp
|

replied November 1st, 2009
yes plz help!
|

replied November 8th, 2009
concern
please email me back as soon as you can i have been itchy for months now i have no insurance at the moment i am concern i get to itching so bad it drives me crazy it feels like animals are crawling inmy vagina but it isnt any animal its just a bad very bad itch i dont know what has caused it but please help me i am planning on getting me a doctor immediately i also have these little lumps growing on my lips that are constantly itching too. thanks wilda
|

replied November 9th, 2009
itchy vagina
question...are the cottage cheese clumps usually just there or do they only come out when u're having sex?because the last couple of times i've had sex i get an itchy vagina and very small white clumps end up on the condom whne we're done.what does that mean?
|

replied November 9th, 2009
the white clumps mean that you have a yeast infection, but you won't necessarily have the clumping if you have a yeast infection. Eat yogurt, take acidophilous ( vitamin and supplements section of drugstore). Sometimes having sex can irritate the infection, so hold off on it so that you can heal up. plus, even if you are using a condom, you and your partner could be transferring yeast to eachother, which will make it worse. Use a monistat cream, or even a 3 day ovule. It can help a lot. Also, check and make sure you aren't using a new toilet paper, and avoid baths. Only take showers. Also, while in the shower, don't saop up your vagina, just use warm water to clean it (don't worry, vagina's are like a self cleaning oven) The soap can really irritate the area. Also, you are going to want to really get as dry as possible after your shower. One thing that can keep you on the dryer side is to wear a panty liner. This will draw away any unwanted moisture. Hope this helps.
|

replied November 16th, 2009
HELP!
i've been really itchy since friday--now monday--and i don't shave, i'm a virgin, and i wash *really* thoroughly down there. i started having discharge today (it wasn't very much before) and it's just regular. no cottage cheese clumps, my vagina isn't bumpy or sore, just ITCHY! im embarrassed to talk to my mom and i don't have a doctor for that yet :/ oh and i've been changing my underwear like 2 times a day...any suggestions, people?
|

replied November 18th, 2009
ok guys this might sound crazy but look up volvodynia and see if that matches your symptoms
|

replied November 21st, 2009
itchy!
im having the same problem and Im SUPER young.
Im 12 and it really itches.
My mom said prob. because im not drinking enough water.
So i tried drinking water for the past couple ofdays
and it kinda worked!
|
Users who thank efsdfsdfsn for this post: EmMaJaDe 

replied February 21st, 2012
Thank you, I'm the same age, a virgin, and haven't gotten my period, but it itches. Strangely, it seems to only happen at night, and this has happened in no pattern over a span of a year or two.
I have noticed that I'm usually dehydrated. I'm going to try this, thank you sososo much!
|

replied June 29th, 2012
I hope thats my problem!!!!! Ive been really dehydrated lately bc i go to school and dont drink anything almost all day untl i get home. im 12 and not sexually active but i have a feeling it might be yeast infecction bc almost everyday i get this white goop in my undies just recently. its been itchy for quite awhile though Sad im reallyembarrassed to tell my mom but dont want to get a test bc i dont know what to expect. also i shaved for a little bit but then stopped the hair there is realy thick now, could it be ingrown hairs?
|

replied July 30th, 2012
Hopefully this will help your problem! :) Don't worry!
If you havent started your period yet, this is a sign that you will start it soon. Please don't worry, as the same thing happened to me and I didn't tell my mum however asked my grandma about this white goop, she reassured me that it is normal! You will most likely be starting your period which is normal and nothing to worry about.

If you have already started your period, then I know it is embarrassing, but you don't want to leave it too long for it to get worse. Maybe ask your mum for advice, ask if it has happened to her, if it is normal. She may know what it is herself, as she may have been through it herself and help you the way she got help. Or she may take you to the doctors for them to see what the problem is. I know you may find it embarrassing, but honestly, to doctors see things like your problem almost everyday. It isn't abnormal for them to see it or talk about it. They will make you feel comfortable and your mum can even go out of the room if you don't want her to listen. Honestly, It has happened to me and my mum went out of the room whilst the doctor looked.

It is nothing to worry about, but that doesn't go to say you shouldn't get it checked out or tell your mum because you don't want to leave it too long for it (possibly) to get worse.

I hope this helps and goodluck! x Smile
|
Quick Reply