Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Complications during Pregnancy Forum

I'm Pregnant At 47!!!!! (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I'm 24 weeks pregnant with my 3rd, 20 years after my last baby. Anyone else here the same age or similar?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Fairy Godmother
|

replied January 13th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Just turned 44 in dec and I am 28.5 weeks pregnant, without a uterus. And pregnant with twins.
|

replied December 9th, 2012
Omg.. I'm 47 and in shock at being pregnant!! Got a 25 yr old and 23 year pld (With a baby).Miscarried twice in 2010 and gave up since then!! About to buy another dog..lol! Not yet got hospital appointment so will just wait and see if all ok! Got pulsating down there, lots of gurgles and odd feelings, which is actually reason for coming on this site!! Do not trust myself to feel anything till hospital app and scan!!
|

replied August 19th, 2013
Hi. pregnantgranny . How are things?. Hope all went well?. I know how you were feeling that's how I feel at the moment. I also have just turned 47 and just found out that I am pregnant. So pleased, but worried, go for my first scan next week. My oldest is 23. And youngest is almost 3. We are so pleased but on edge as I lost a baby it he of 2011. We got a dog in 2012. Nice to find other people pregnant or had children at 47.
|

replied October 16th, 2013
Hi Julesstow,
Congats to you! How is your pregnancy going? Did you use any fertility drugs or did you conceive naturally? I'm 47 and trying to conceive for the last 2 years. I'm going to have my AMH, FSH and Estrodial levels tested next week and I'm praying to God that they're all within normal ranges. I miscarried in 2010 and I'm still pretty devastated by it.
|

replied April 16th, 2014
Wow Im 47 and had my tubes clamped and also had a procedure done 4 years ago that burnt most of the lining off my uterus, I have found out im preg and am 16 weeks. Im a little scared
|

Congrats!!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Well, congrats to you too ma'am.
|

replied January 15th, 2006
Experienced User
Hi Fat Family
Hey wow,im glad your doing well, did the doctors find your twins?
|

User Profile
replied February 10th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
fatfamily02 wrote:
just turned 44 in dec and I am 28.5 weeks pregnant, without a uterus. And pregnant with twins.

so does that mean they are on the wall of your abdomen? Thats crazy,congratulations lady! ! !
|

replied February 10th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I dont eactly know where they are attached, feels like down by my ovary's. Dr's still trying to figure it out. They dont believe me, they were thinking I was crazy. But.... This last time I seen my dr she didnt act like she thought I was crazy, and she referred me to a .Dr who knows about abdominal pregnancy. Since the "normal pregnancy" tests do not come out for me. I go to see him on wednesday the 15th. I cant wait.
|

replied February 11th, 2006
Experienced User
Re: I'm Pregnant At 47!!!!!
You are not alone, .I'm due .May 29th and my last pregnancy was sixteen years ago.

sophiesmiles wrote:
i'm 24 weeks pregnant with my 3rd, 20 years after my last baby. Anyone else here the same age or similar?
|

replied March 23rd, 2006
Greetings everybody out there. Just a word of positive advice. 40 is just a number. Your pregnancy will be fine as long as you are healthy, exercise and have no complications. I have seen much younger woman go through more complications than me - just turning 40 this year ! I have 2 wonderful boys 18 & 8. And got pregnant one after the other last couple of years and still feeling 25! So all those ladies who want a baby out there in your 40s. Go for it.
|

replied June 1st, 2007
Pregnant At 47
God bless you all, me too and I pray just to have a healthy one in my life
|

replied February 12th, 2008
I am 47
I am scared and very happy about being pregnant at age 47. My youngest is 17. I just need some other women to talk to about this
|

replied October 27th, 2011
Pregnant at 46. What are the pro's and cons?
I am 46 and have a 22 year old and a 16 year old. I am 6 weeks pregnant. I am very healthy and hope for the best. Stay positive and focus on your goal. This is a blessing..
|

User Profile
Supporter
To become pregnant at 47, you are surely a blessed woman! Congratulations! (PS My mum was 48 with heart trouble when she had my brother and, apart from getting a bit tired towards the end and being taken into hospital for a rest two weeks before the due date, mother and baby were both excellent!)
|

47 Mom Yeah
Thank you for the nice encouragemment. I am so excited but scared also. I thought I was going into menopause but Surprise!
|

replied May 13th, 2011
I have been feeling the same, I feel pregnant. I had taken a urine only because I get my friend every 28 days like clock work and its odd for me to not even see a spot. The doctors don't even want to see you when you give your age. I had my last son on my 41 birthday and I remember that test was negative at first too. I hate how they make you double think yourself. I'll let you know how it goes...did you have any symptoms?
|

replied August 17th, 2011
Pregnant at 47
Hi,

Are you pregnant ? I am 47 and just found out i am pregnant, i had my last @41 and have 2 older children as well.
So this will be my 4th.
|

User Profile
Supporter
Congratulations MOMMY!~
Miracles never cease! Proof there is a God in heaven! Studies have shown women who have children on in years are more tolerant, and a lot of times more"ready" to have them, than when they were much younger. Women in their 40's are more financially able to care for a child and most are educated beyond high school level. The studies showed that as we age, we are more prepared for rearing a child later on in years. Not saying young women are uneducated or not financially able ot care for a child.....I say its wonderful and a miracle for any woman to be able to have a child. I also say its wonderful and a miracle for God to "give " children through adoption (like my neice and nephew) to those who wish to become parents. Just want to ease some minds out there to all you terrific MOTHERS/ MOTHERS TO BE who are 40 +. God bless you all and I hope you have healthy and happy babies! HUGS~
|

User Profile
replied March 25th, 2008
Community Volunteer
Wow, that's wonderful! How is the pregnancy going? I was wondering how the babies could survive without a uterus? I'm really interested on knowing how it works...and delivery options too.

I know 3 ladies here in my town who all gave birth at 49 and 50. It's truly an amazing thing. I am kind of hoping I don't have children when I am that age or up until that age....I have 6 already and that would end up being quite a handful!
|

User Profile
replied April 5th, 2008
Experienced User
my sister and i are 21 years apart... my mom had her at 20, and me at 41.... its crazy, my sister is 38 going to be 39, everyone thinks she is my mom , lol its funny!
|

replied April 12th, 2008
I'm 39 and my husband and I have decided, just this week, to start trying. We met and married only 3 years ago and thought we never wanted kids. Now, we're trying - full steam ahead! I am dieting, taking folic acid, and making an appt with a genetic counselor on Monday. Neither of us wanted children our whole lives, now all of a sudden, we're really excited about the possibility of having a family. I'm nervous though, and don't want to get my hopes up. Smile
|

replied November 19th, 2008
I haven't tried naturally (without protection), but am setting appointment to consider artificially. I feel healthy and really hope I become pregnant.
|

replied November 19th, 2008
Pregnancy From 47 on
Is there something particular I can do to increase my chance of becoming pregnant at 47? Lots of folic acid? Anything else? Thanks!
|

replied February 5th, 2009
Pregnancy at 48
I am 48 and want to get pregnant for the first time. Is this really risky?
|