Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Weird Sensation!

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
I am going crazy! On my left ear, not really all the way inside, but just right there, I have a strange numb, crawling sensation! I hate it because everytime I get it, I scratch it or rub it thinking it is a bug or hair. Does anyone know what I am talking about? I have had my ears cleaned at the doctor and that didn't really help. I was shot in the head with a b.B. Gun about 11 years ago and that was right above my left ear and so I wonder if that could have caused nerve damage. I had a cat scan done about a year ago and nothing thank god. I also suffer from bad allergies and sinus problems. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Munoz1226
|

replied December 26th, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
Consider yourself lucky i've got this in both ears & have had it for about 2 years!!

I have tried all sorts of creams etc etc etc but in the end I have found that the "best" or at least most likely to stop it for a time to be advised by my ears when they start up again - is to use a bobby pin(hair pin) the u turn end & just gently use it as if i'm getting something out (not hard & not really inside - just at the entrance of my ear where the sensation is.

If you find something more permanent & that I don't have to make sure I always have a bobby pin with me constantly let me know please!!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply