Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Weird Sensation!

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
I am going crazy! On my left ear, not really all the way inside, but just right there, I have a strange numb, crawling sensation! I hate it because everytime I get it, I scratch it or rub it thinking it is a bug or hair. Does anyone know what I am talking about? I have had my ears cleaned at the doctor and that didn't really help. I was shot in the head with a b.B. Gun about 11 years ago and that was right above my left ear and so I wonder if that could have caused nerve damage. I had a cat scan done about a year ago and nothing thank god. I also suffer from bad allergies and sinus problems. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Munoz1226
|

replied December 26th, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
Consider yourself lucky i've got this in both ears & have had it for about 2 years!!

I have tried all sorts of creams etc etc etc but in the end I have found that the "best" or at least most likely to stop it for a time to be advised by my ears when they start up again - is to use a bobby pin(hair pin) the u turn end & just gently use it as if i'm getting something out (not hard & not really inside - just at the entrance of my ear where the sensation is.

If you find something more permanent & that I don't have to make sure I always have a bobby pin with me constantly let me know please!!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Murray Grossan
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov