Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Hypothyroid - Tracheotomy?

Must Read
Learn what the thyroid does, and the characteristics of thyroid disease here. In this intro section, we'll also review types of thyroid disorders MDs diagnose....
Specific medical conditions can trigger thyroid disease. Learn the basics about causes and risk factors for thyroid problems here....
Learn the symptoms for various thyroid problems...plus know when to seek medical help! A complete list of thyroid symptoms here....
First time here...Just curious if anyone has heard of a tracheotomy (sp?) causing hypothyroidism? I was severely injured/in a coma and had to have a tube in, and have a problem now with my thyroid that I never had before the hospital...Any comments welcome! (even if you just have had an experience with the thyroid issue/or a tracheotomy problem it would be interesting to hear from you!) :?:
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 26th, 2010
I was searching on the net because I found out that I have high blood pressure. I was looking at sodium, potassium, calcium intake. I was reading that the thyroid plays a part also. I then thought 'What if they damaged my thyroid when they put in the trach. after the car accident (me too - coma, rehab., etc.).
|

replied November 27th, 2010
my mother had to have her thyroid removed and they messed up the procedure and put a trach in. they are very close to each other and more than likely when the docs put yours in, they nicked or got too close to your thyroid.... your thyroid controls so much
|

replied November 27th, 2010
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. After I went back to work for a while I started getting nose bleeds, probably 4-5 a week. I don't now but then I thought it was from the face plant on the windshield that weakened something in my sinus cavity. Does HYPO give you high BP?
|
Quick Reply